“Great value and close to everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chapel Hill InnTown

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill InnTown
You added Chapel Hill InnTown to your Saves list
609 Hillborough St., Chapel Hill, NC 27514   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Great value and close to everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The Chapel Hill InnTown is extremely convenient to the heart of Chapel Hill and is extremely good value. I stayed three nights in October and was appalled at the prices for motel rooms and wanted a more comfortable long stay environement. I lived in Chapel Hill (ironically very close to the InnTown) and know how hard it is to find a good place that's affordable. The unit was spotlessly clean, had everything you could imagine for your comfort. The bedrooms were large, and bathrooms fully equipped. I saw not a single cockroach. The manager went out of his way to find us a unit for the days we needed. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ericplow1, Owner at Chapel Hill InnTown, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. We strive to provide comfortable and furnished apartment accomodations close to the UNC campus for those who don't want to stay in a cramped motel room. Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Chapel Hill InnTown, and maybe we'll see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Pros: good location, we could easily walk to the FREE bus to campus and to the nearby cafe/stores. The apartment was well-equipped with all of the kitchen items we needed. It was also really convenient to have a washer & dryer in the apt.

Cons: when we stayed here we would encountered cockroaches every single day in different parts of the house - kitchen, bedroom, entrance.... One fell on my head when I opened the door to leave in the morning. I wouldn't want to stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ericplow1, Owner at Chapel Hill InnTown, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We do not understand this review. First of all, we have never had a guest named Denise with a last name beginning with a J at our condos. Secondly, if the roaches were as bad as this reviewer states, why did they not contact us for an extermination? We have never had a roach complaint in any of our units in 2012. It would seem that if the unit was infested with roaches, we would have been contacted by Denise or someone else! Lastly, I tried to contact Denise through Trip Advisor and never got a response. So I am thinking this might have been a review for another establishment.
Lake Ridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I found this via TripAdvisor, and thanks to all who gave it good reviews. My niece and I stayed here for a night, and it was more than adequate and would be good for an extended stay. It's like renting a vacation place at the beach, but without the beach and having two floors. Super-comfy with lots of amenities. The many directions/instructions you get when you reserve a place are there to help you and to ensure that the place continues to be well-kept. I had no problems finding it or getting into and checking out of our unit. Finally, the manager was very accommodating and helped us when my niece left something behind. I would definitely stay here again if I needed a place in Chapel Hill.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mooresville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed for long weekend in Chapel Hill for UNC Graduation. Townhouse provided a good place for family to retreat from crowds. 2 story unit let younger family members stay up later and others sleep undisturbed. Kitchen had just enough supplies for us to provide meals for 4 people. Much more space than more expensive hotel rooms. Easy driving access to UNC, but long walk. Would definately stay again if in town for several nights.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Athens, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Aside from a convenient and quiet location, this place has little to offer. The 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath unit that we stayed in looked like a thrift store showroom. If I had to guess, I'd estimate that the sheets and towels were no less than 20 years old. The cheap polyester bedspread was of similar vintage. The carpet was dirty, everything was dusty, and there were cobwebs in the corners and at the interior door frames. The pull-out sofa included a board under the cushions to correct the sofa's saggy-ness. The type written directions (of which there are many) elaborated on the plywood feature of the sofa. Aside from the place being run-down and dirty, there's a "creepiness" factor about the whole situation. We were here for student orientation and will be in Chapel Hill many times over the next four years. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Chapel Hill InnTown, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
We are sorry that this family was unhappy with our condos. I wish they had mentioned to us upon arrival that there were any issues and we would have been glad to correct. We hope the reader will look at all the positive reviews below that we have from our numerous satisfied clients, many of whom return year after year.
Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

If you're looking for something more than just a bedroom and a bathroom then you should consider this alternative to the cookie cutter hotel rooms. I was amazed at the extras that were included for the same price or less than I would have payed at a medium priced hotel in the area. My unit included a full kitchen, a living area with fireplace, two bedrooms and two bathrooms. It was also very conveniently located to the UNC campus and downtown area. This would be perfect for a family looking for more space and kitchen to cook in to save on eating out.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Accommodations are spacious and met our needs. Since we were staying with our two young grandchildren, it was much nicer to stay in a townhouse rather than a single motel/hotel room. Townhouses are equipped with all basic necessities and are located in a very quiet area. They are reasonably-priced and price includes free parking. The owner is pleasant and professional. Townhouses are conveniently located near hospitals, restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Chapel Hill InnTown? Share your experiences!