“Quick dinner when we were very hungry” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Alexandria, Virginia
“Quick dinner when we were very hungry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Was there with my son who likes Mexican food and we are certainly aware of the chain. The staff behind the counter and the cash register were very friendly and helpful. They offered me a taste of the soup I hadn't had before and the cashier was extra nice to us. It was a great place to drop in and get a quick bite to eat as we had traveled all day and we were very hungry. It was nice to sit in the window and watch the people walk by on Franklin Street.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Guaynabo
“yuk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Quite frankly I didnt try it. I walked out of the place because it smelled and it wasnt a good smell.Sorry...the ownwer must correct this problem.It is no wonder there wasn't a soul in the place and its in the middle of a bustling college town!Obviously the place is not being managed properly and judging from the one review other than mine the customer service is horrible.At one point my husband and I considered opening a Qdoba in Puerto Rico we liked the concept so much back when we were regulars in Athens,Georgia so its really too bad and hopefully this is just one bad apple but as the saying goes it could ruin the whole bunch...

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Carrboro, NC
“Terrible customer service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I had been to a Qdoba in Phoenix, Arizona, and liked it, so when I moved to North Carolina and got a Groupon offer ($7 for $14 worth of food), I decided to buy it. The Groupon was supposed to expire Aug. 29, so we went there today to use it.

Going through the line, I ordered a naked burrito. I was given a miserly serving of squash, and asked if I could have the grilled peppers and onions as well, and was told that would be more, so I said forget it. Then when I got to the register, the cashier tried to charge me for the squash. Seriously? That's all I'm getting is vegetables, and you're going to charge me extra for the vegetables? Then I tried to use my Groupon, and the cashier pointed to a sign taped to the register that said that the Groupon expired on August 15 and that Groupon had screwed up and they weren't a reputable company.

At this point, I seriously considered walking away. But I said, okaaaaayyy, if you don't want to tell me this Groupon is expired (which it clearly was not), it says right here that you will at least honor it for the $7 that I paid. At that point the manager came over and said that, no, they would not even honor it for the $7 that I paid. I would have to take that up with Groupon. He just didn't want to lose me as a customer. A little late for that, wouldn't you say?

I didn't bother asking if they validated parking.

On top of that, the beans were under-cooked. There is no excuse for that.

• Visited August 2012