“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Barbecue, Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Description: TIME-OUT IS A CHAPEL HILL INSTITUTION LOCATED DOWNTOWN ON FRANKLIN STREET FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS.TIME-OUT IS THE ONLY 24 HOURS RESTAURANT WITH DELIVERY IN TOWN OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK. WE ARE FAMOUS FOR OUR CHICKEN CHEDDAR BISCUIT AND SOUTHERN COMFORT FOOD.
Washington, D.C.
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was super excited when I walked into the establishment to find that NO ONE was there! I was glad because I didn't have to deal with college students (It's on the campus of UNC). I ordered the FAMOUS Chicken/Cheddar Biscuit (Man vs. Food). The biscuit was HUGE, Fluffy, and plain GOOD! I will be back in a few months...I will order TWO..one to eat there, and one to take with me!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Durham, Nc
“High Expectations, Great Dissapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We watched and enjoyed seeing the "man versus food" show come to the triangle and showcase restaurants in Chapel Hill, Durham, and Raleigh.

We visited the Fordham Blvd location of Time-Out on a saturday night looking forward to trying their famous chicken biscuit we saw on the program. Parking was scarce and competition with the hotel guests for a space was definately there. We were seated at a corner table and waited about 10 minutes to get menus.

Problem was the table we were seated at and others near us had no lighting so we had to use our cell phone lights to see the menu. I asked the hostess about the lighting and she said it had been out a while and she would ask about it but never came back.

My wife and teen daughter ordered the chicken biscuit and to try something else to test the food offering, I ordered the fried chicken plate. The noise level was excessive to the point it was difficult to carry on a family conversation while we waited for our food. Our wait for our food was pretty standard as waits are concerned at a restaurant and we were served our food.

The chicken biscuit was served in a bowl and large as was portrayed on the show. Food taste is somewhat subjective and from both my wife and daughters perspective the chicken and biscuit were very dry and unflavorful. They both quickly removed the chicken from the biscuit and settled on eating the chicken.

My experience with my order was unimpressive. The chicken was dry and had little taste and the fries were grocery store frozen variety.

In summary we did not have a good experience and were disappointed. We all agreed we would not be back and the $34 it cost was far to much for the experience we had.

My wife felt that the show was paid to do their program at this restaurant and I do believe that she was right. Do not waste your hard earned money going here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Microwave Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to this restaurant that has had rave reviews from all the food folks. Super Bowl Sunday, only one in the restaurant at 3pm. Known for Chicken and Cheddar Biscuit, it was not memorable. Very dry and after discarding the top half of the biscuit it was still dry and no cheddar cheese taste. Mostly a hang out for the college crowd.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ossining, New York
“Chicken Cheddar Biscuits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Famous for its biscuits and its clients. Always open. Probably better at 2am than 2pm, but a lot of food for a reasonable price.

Visited February 2013
Spartanburg, SC
“Set aside some time to visit Time Out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Upon visiting Time Out, you can tell that it is the "must eat at" spot in Chapel Hill. It's slammed with UNC spirit and memorabilia. The food is awesome too! I suggest trying everything! LOL! But just like all the other reviews state, the chicken is the way to go! I had a 3 wing plate with 2 sides; Broccoli casserole and cabbage, and goodness, that was some good eating. Everything on the menu is home-made. You can't go wrong! Don't forget to take a walk around and enjoy all the UNC article write-ups and pictures. It's a nice cozy eatery for the home team! I will definitely be back for more.

• Visited January 2013