I stayed here for almost three weeks recently (with my two toy-sized pups) and honestly couldn't have been happier with the hotel overall: my room, the location, the staff--all were top-notch, providing a true "home away from home" feeling. My parents have relocated to NC so I will be returning here often.
First: the room. Whoever designed these "mini-apartments" is a genius. So many hotel rooms have either too much furniture for the space--feeling cluttered and claustrophobic--or their spareness translates to sterility and inconvenience. Not so here: everything was so strategically laid out that I could hardly believe I was in what I think was about a 400 square foot space. Full kitchen (with all amenities thought of), comfortable dining chairs and table, a desk, a comfortable office chair, a VERY comfortable king size bed, a large dresser, end tables, a sofa, a recliner and ottoman, a big-screen flat tv, large "two-room" bathroom, an ample-sized closet--how did they do it? A perfect example of how creatively everything was placed: the tv was placed on a 360-degree swivel on the dresser extending into the middle of the room--acting, perfectly, as a room separator for the "bedroom" and the "living room." I could lie in bed and watch the news, then wake up and continue with the tv facing the kitchen while I had coffee, then sit comfortably for a movie on the couch with the dogs at night. Brilliant!
Another note on the room (and the property): it's both quiet and spotless--an especially appreciated aspect of a "pet-friendly" hotel. No stains, no strange smells. The housekeeping staff is friendly but discreet--they're always there but don't make a lot of noise in the halls (a big bonus when you have small dogs who bark at someone on the other side of the door).
A few examples of the additional "touches" that made this hotel stand out:
1) Delicious home-baked cookies (warm!) every afternoon at the front desk;
2) While I don't eat a big breakfast (there is an ample buffet each morning), I loved that they always put out a bowl of fruit that I could grab when back from walking the pups, etc. Nice.
3) The hotel has "dog stations" placed around the grounds--rolls of "poop bags" for extra convenient clean-up next to a trash can.
4) Lots of exits to the outside--all accessible for re-entry with my keycard (again, making it easy to take the dogs out quickly in the evening especially).
5) Friendly staff that were truly hospitable to my dogs--it must be a job requirement that these folks love animals because I never felt anything but welcome (which is not always the case--even at supposedly "pet-friendly" hotels).
6) The hotel offers a "Fill My Fridge" card--you can fill it out with whatever you want (Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia, a dozen eggs, soy milk, etc.), leave it at the desk by 9 AM and they will shop for you and put your groceries in your fridge by end of day--with the grocery costs just charged to your bill. Again--brilliant!
Anyway--I could go on and on but the easiest recco I can give is just to say that I will definitely be staying here again in the near future--they are doing it right.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Residence Inn Chapel Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Chapel Hill Hotel Chapel Hill
- Chapel Hill Residence Inn