We stayed there to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. We stayed in a mini king room with a balcony. The room was small but well appointed. The floor to ceiling windows made the room bright and feel larger. The balcony was large, and if it wasn't so hot we definitely would have used it. There is a mini fridge with a separate freezer, which is nice if you need. it. I really liked the standup shower. A nice size. The bathroom is very small, but that didn't bother us.
-You can't beat the location
-The service we received was awesome
-The free breakfast is not your average hotel breakfast. You are seated a tables with linens and served beverages by staff. You can even make special requests if you would like something that is not on the buffet. I asked for wheat toast that never came, but not a big deal.
-Paint was pealing/chipping on the ceiling in the bathroom - not a deal breaker but a detail that should be tended to.
-Three employees were talking at the host stand after breakfast about work issues. We were getting coffee to go and well within ear shot. One guy was dressed in all black and seemed like a manager. Not the most professional behavior. Leave those conversations away from guests.
-They are renovating so their bar on the second floor had limited choices for drinks.
-The towels were rough and not very luxurious.
-The sheets!! I've never stayed somewhere with such scratchy sheets. Again not a deal breaker, but disappointing.
We will stay here again in the future. I would definitely recommend this place. It's a great combination of value and luxury.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
August 6, 2013
Hi there courtly23,
Report response as inappropriate
We appreciate your detailed notes about your stay at The Franklin Hotel, and are happy to know that your visit was great enough to make you feel comfortable enough returning.
At the same time, we are disappointed that we couldn't address the issues you mentioned before your visit. We are aware of some of the deficiencies, and you will be pleased to know that we have a plan in place to improve each of them.
1. We are in the midst of a paint/drywall restoration project that is including every guest room.
2. We will have the regular bar open again as usual on Thursday, August 8th, 2013.
3. You're right that the towels have been in poor shape. So we have just this week replenished our entire stock of towels with heavy, plush terry linens and taken all old supplies out of service.
4. You're also right about the sheets. They are very worn and in need of replacement. We have replenished 1/2 of our stock right now, and are waiting for the second half to arrive. Our new sheets are 1,000 thread count, 100% Egyptian cotton and you will certainly be able to tell the difference!
5. The unprofessional behavior is embarrassing and uncalled for. We are focusing our ongoing training on the appropriate time and place of various conversations, and also our service process so that your requests are followed through on and delivered completely.
Again, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We love getting this kind of response because it highlights what we can do better to improve our guests' experience.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.