“beautiful wedding weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Ronkonkoma, New York
“beautiful wedding weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

the hotel was beautiful with very friendly helpful staff. very clean rooms also. i was traveling with my elderly parents. my mother left some of her medication at home. the staff helped me out in that situation which i will always be grateful. i have never stayed at a marriot before but after this experience i will always stay at a marriott in the future.thanks to the staff for making my neices wedding exceptional.

Room Tip: i was over a coutrtyard, 3rd floor.sometimes i could hear late night partiers gathering around the f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CrystalBynumGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chapel Hill, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were happy with the services provided to you and your parents. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some noise from the courtyard area. We close the courtyard area around 10pm but with the large number of wedding guests some people hung out a little longer during that weekend. I will remind the staff to monitor the noise in that area moving forward.

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Crystal Bynum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After many months and hundreds of emails,our wedding weekend for my sons wedding arrived. We had over a hundred guests staying at the Courtyard and all was perfect. The staff was friendly the rooms ready the gift bags given out. Our two events with food were great as well. Thanks to Nicole and the entire staff,fabulous job and much appreciated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CrystalBynumGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chapel Hill, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that the team provided great accommodations for you and the wedding guests! I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here while driving down to SC. Not too expensive, clean and comfortable and fairly close to UNC while not too close! One negative is that we had to wait outside for five minutes when we arrived close to midnight because the front desk was unmanned. We had called ahead to notify late arrival and mentioned it on the reservation too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait outside the door for a few minutes. We lock the doors around 11pm for safety and security. I will remind the desk team to be more attentive and on the look out for remaining guests that are due to arrive. I am happy to hear that once you got in you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable.

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Thank you!
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great hotel, Great location, and Great staff!!! Stay at many Marriotts and this is on par with the best Courtyards in the country. Clean and comfortable. Front desk and restaurant staff provide true Southern Hospitality!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you rate our services and accommodations as one of the best in the country! We strive to make sure that all guests receive true hospitality throughout the duration of your stay.

I hope that the services provided will bring you back in the near future!

Porto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very nice hotel. You don´t have any luxury, but the rooms are very nice, there´s a lot of space and the breackfast have a good diversity. I stayed for 2 weeks, so I explore their offers. The gym is a litle small, but for my necessities was good. I enjoyed a lot the pool, because my room was very close to it, so sometimes I went for a swimming before the breakfast.

GOOD:

- Clean
- rooms are spaicous
- breakfast very good
- Staff very nice

BAD:

- The location is a little bit far from "everything" and its not very cheap, but if you have a car, no problem.

Room Tip: Nothing special, but if you want to go to pool before breakfast, may you choose a room in first flo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that after a two week stay you were pleased with your stay. We offer an extended buffet on most morning to provide extra options and I am happy hear that you enjoyed the extra options. Meadowmont Village is conveniently located across street which provides restaurants, shops, etc for your enjoyment.

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Thanks,
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed here while moving a student into UNC. Room was larger than I expected with a king bed, full size couch and large desk area. The entire property was very clean and well kept. The beds were very comfortable. The entire staff was pleasant and always very helpful. Very reasonably priced breakfast buffet, a little Bistro with a Starbucks, and a lounge that had free coffee in the morning. I'll stay here again when we come to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Quiet Zone" room. They're located around the corner at the end of the halls...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking some review to share your hotel experience. I happy to hear that you found the hotel clean, well kept and comfortable. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to visit your daughter at UNC. GO HEELS! :)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I too am Gold level and stay at Marriott properties all over the Americas. This is one of the best. I got service here better than at a JW, everyone eager to help. My family was late for breakfast today,and Margaret and her colleagues at the lobby breakfast bar (great buffet, by the way) bent over backwards to accommodate us, and produced a great breakfast to order after closing time! You can't teach this stuff. Kudos to management and staff, will sty here from now on.

Stayed August 2012
CrystalBynumGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chapel Hill, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take pride ensuring that our services are above the normal expectations. I am happy to hear that we were able to take care of you after closing time. The team member that you recognized was given an incentive for going the exta mile!

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Crystal Bynum

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chapel Hill? Share your experiences!