“Awesome Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Vienna, Virginia
“Awesome Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great hotel, Great location, and Great staff!!! Stay at many Marriotts and this is on par with the best Courtyards in the country. Clean and comfortable. Front desk and restaurant staff provide true Southern Hospitality!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CrystalBynumGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chapel Hill, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you rate our services and accommodations as one of the best in the country! We strive to make sure that all guests receive true hospitality throughout the duration of your stay.

I hope that the services provided will bring you back in the near future!

Crystal Bynum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Porto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Very nice hotel. You don´t have any luxury, but the rooms are very nice, there´s a lot of space and the breackfast have a good diversity. I stayed for 2 weeks, so I explore their offers. The gym is a litle small, but for my necessities was good. I enjoyed a lot the pool, because my room was very close to it, so sometimes I went for a swimming before the breakfast.

GOOD:

- Clean
- rooms are spaicous
- breakfast very good
- Staff very nice

BAD:

- The location is a little bit far from "everything" and its not very cheap, but if you have a car, no problem.

Room Tip: Nothing special, but if you want to go to pool before breakfast, may you choose a room in first flo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CrystalBynumGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chapel Hill, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that after a two week stay you were pleased with your stay. We offer an extended buffet on most morning to provide extra options and I am happy hear that you enjoyed the extra options. Meadowmont Village is conveniently located across street which provides restaurants, shops, etc for your enjoyment.

I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future!

Thanks,
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed here while moving a student into UNC. Room was larger than I expected with a king bed, full size couch and large desk area. The entire property was very clean and well kept. The beds were very comfortable. The entire staff was pleasant and always very helpful. Very reasonably priced breakfast buffet, a little Bistro with a Starbucks, and a lounge that had free coffee in the morning. I'll stay here again when we come to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Quiet Zone" room. They're located around the corner at the end of the halls...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking some review to share your hotel experience. I happy to hear that you found the hotel clean, well kept and comfortable. We look forward to serving you again during your next trip to visit your daughter at UNC. GO HEELS! :)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I too am Gold level and stay at Marriott properties all over the Americas. This is one of the best. I got service here better than at a JW, everyone eager to help. My family was late for breakfast today,and Margaret and her colleagues at the lobby breakfast bar (great buffet, by the way) bent over backwards to accommodate us, and produced a great breakfast to order after closing time! You can't teach this stuff. Kudos to management and staff, will sty here from now on.

Stayed August 2012
CrystalBynumGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chapel Hill, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take pride ensuring that our services are above the normal expectations. I am happy to hear that we were able to take care of you after closing time. The team member that you recognized was given an incentive for going the exta mile!

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in lots of Marriot properties. I cannot stress this enough. But I have never been in one where I felt like I had to whisper in my hotel room. I mean we could hear the hotel telephone in the next room ring. It was basically back and forth noise complaints our entire stay. We were walking on egg shells. Let's not forget the rudeness of the lady who checked us in. Don't know when I will be in Chapel Hill again, but I will probably try another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience hear at our hotel. In the future we can place you in a room that is not adjoining to prevent any discomfort. I am not quite sure who checked you in but I will share your comment to see if we can determine what happened. I can assure you that whatever you experienced with the desk team member will not happen again.

Please give us another opportunity to right your wrongs. If you plan to visit Chapel Hill again in the near future please call me at the hotel to book your accommodations.

Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding, so we got a decent rate. We used a few extra days to explore the area. While there, we were delighted about the size of the room, and how clean the hotel was. The staff was friendly, but a bit overwhelmed because the hotel was a bit busy. The location was perfect for sightseeing at UNC and Duke. The only issues we had were the hot tub and pool. Both had so many chemicals that just being in the space made the eyes water. When reported, the staff addressed the issue pretty quickly.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope that you enjoyed the additional days in Chapel Hill! There is so much to do and see in our small town. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel clean, valuable and convenient. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Take care,
Crystal Ynum
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very convenient location for RDU airport. Easy access to UNC.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thanks,
Crystal Bynum

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Chapel Hill? Share your experiences!