“Different from the usual BBQ place but, FANTASTIC!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 251 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Garner, North Carolina, United States
“Different from the usual BBQ place but, FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I thought the food was outstanding here! I loved the meat and the vegetables that I had. It is not the traditional bbq hole in the wall type place that I am used to but, the food is so good. No one would be dissapointed with their pork or brisket. The fried okra and macaroni was about the best I ever had.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rome, Pennsylvania
“BBQ for Vegetarians and Us Carnivores”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our daughter, the vegetarian had heard about this restaurant which she could also enjoy with us. She and our grandson had tempeh, French fries, cucumber salad and hush puppies. Guy and I enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich on a roll, with the cucumber salad, and shared a very delicious spicy potato salad. A nice selection of beers and fountain drinks were available. They do catering, and bulk amounts of meat can be purchased. Another time I would try some other of their choices.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southeastern, NC
“They have very good barbeque - homemade pickles are great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have dined here about three times. The barbeque and sides are excellent. The homemade fresh pickled cucumbers are unique to this business and they are delicious. The service is very good and our server was friendly and helpful. It is located in a remote area in Chapel Hill so it is relaxing to go here. I also like the rock music they play in the background. Also next door is an International variety/grocery store that is very calming and interesting to visit.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Go to The Pig, but maybe don't call it BBQ.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Locally sourced pork and lots of house made elements (pickles, bacon, hot dogs, beans) upgraded this casual little restaurant. Menu was very interesting with Vietnamese sandwich, po boy's, fried chicken as well as shiitake and tempeh choices. My husband and I ordered traditional though- pulled pork sandwich and brisket sandwich and they were fine but not upper echelon nc BBQ. And to be fair- they didn't claim to be, but he and I debated long and hard about Cuban type pulled pork vs nc bbq. We would definitely go back but likely order other things.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waldron, Indiana
“Different but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We ordered the pork "BBQ" to go. It was not what I expected but I loved it! I have been craving it ever since. The slaw was different too - maybe had more carrots in it than usual? It looks sort of orange, but it is tasty. I will go back when I'm in Chapel Hill again.

• Visited February 2013