“Absolutely Delightful!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Conroe, Texas
“Absolutely Delightful!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, wonderful friendly service, delightful deserts. Shrimp & Grits were complex, nothing like your average breakfast side dish! Husband says Fried Oysters were best he's ever had and that's saying a lot since its a regular dish for us on the Tx Gulf coast. Friend's Pork steak with cheese was very tasty. Be sure to call for a reservation as it's a small seating area especially in winter when the patio is closed. But most definitely worth the effort. Would go again in a heartbeat!

Visited February 2014

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“yum!!!!!!!!!!!!:-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is my favorite restaurant in North Carolina.
everything is amazing! my favorite is the shrimp and grits, and when they have it BBQ

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Craving Crooks! We can only go so long without a meal at Crooks Corner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Crooks is one of our all time favorite places to eat. We crave the menu classics but always try something new. Save room for Chef Bill's desserts!
Put this Chapel Hill institution on your don't miss list...

• Visited January 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Kicking off the New Year with Shrimp & Grits!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family recently moved to the Triangle area in North Carolina and had Crook's Corner on our list of restaurants we must try. We decided to name 2014 the "Year of Exploration" and considered Crook's Corner's Sunday brunch something worth exploring. We chose well.

The restaurant is cozy like the corner of a grand home. Tables tucked against the walls with textile collages by Elaine O'Neil hung around the room. Though you're sitting close to other diners, you don't feel crowded in. Definitely a pleasant ambiance.

I ordered the Shrimp & Grits because of the excellent online reviews I had read. Since moving to the area, I've taken it as my personal mission to try Shrimp & Grits at every new restaurant. To my delight, this Southern dish has tasted different at every one of those restaurants. And yes, it tasted different at Crook's Corner -- but what a difference!! I enjoyed the flavor of the fresh shrimp cooked to perfection, smothered in mushrooms gently layered over grits that blended well with the flavor of the overall dish.

Enjoyed the visit to the corner. Great start to my new year!!

• Visited January 2014
Denver
“Best for Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've been to Crooks several times, for dinner and for brunch and brunch is definitely the best. Dinner is overpriced for what it is. Brunch is great though! Average price is around $10-13. My favorite is the shrimp and grits. One of the best I've ever had.

• Visited February 2013