“An unexpected Turkish delight” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Talullas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 249 restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Roberson Street
Description: When you walk through the shadowed glass doors of Talulla's, an instant transformation begins to occur. Your mind and body begin to relax. Your ears pick up on the eclectic mix of music. Your eyes wonder around the walls, decorated in Turkish rugs; then the ceilings, scattered with warm, unique lighting pieces; then the floors... the dark, hardwood floors; and finally, across the plush seating areas, disguised by cushions and pillows and fabric leisurely draped around the frames.
Sydney, Australia
“An unexpected Turkish delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

My husband and I travelled from Sydney, Australia to visit our son who is on exchange at UNC Chapel Hill. After having enjoyed the local food for 10 days we came across this amazing Turkish restaurant. Although I am not Turkish, I was born in Turkey so our family has enjoyed many Turkish meals in Australia as well as Turkey. Talullas definitely rates as one of the best Turkish meals we have ever had. It was tasty, imaginative, fresh and presented beautifully. The food was cooked to order, so it didn't come out instantly but this meant we enjoyed a real dining experience. The portions were very generous and priced well. This is a must try restaurant ........ Enjoy!

89% Recommend
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Refined Turkish cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Living in Raleigh, getting to this restaurant is quite a hike for me. But after trying it, I'd say I'd go back again in a heartbeat. We went on a Sunday night, the restaurant was filled but not overcrowded and not noisy. Service was very attentive. Decor is very comfortable and fits the Turkish theme. Food was excellent. I don't remember the turkish names but there's a cold appetiser made of thumb-sized dumplings stuffed with a bit of minced meat and served with a tangy, creamy sauce, and there's a main course that's lamb Kabob with homemade yogurt was my favorite . These 2 dishes are very very very delicious

Chapel Hill
“A New West Franklin Classic..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

I discovered Talullas last year when I took a friend of mine who was visiting me in Chapel Hill to dinner and have been going there since then. We were looking for some authentic Middle Eastern food and we were greatly satisfied with Tallulas' menu. Ambiance was great with low lights and some soothing (I guess Turkish?) music on the background. It took us a while to decide on what to order among many traditional Ottoman/Middle Eastern dishes on the menu and thank God, our waitstaff was so patient with all our quesitions on the menu.

Chapel Hill
“Talullas has totally lost its charm. Do not go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

The last reviewer must have been hired by the new management because the whole town of Chapel Hill knows that the food and service quality of this restaurant has declined drastically over the two years. The service is very slow, the bartenders do not know anything about wine and can't make most of their own in-house drink specials well and the food quality has gone way down because of the cheap ingredients being used. And the place has done nothing that is different in terms of late night venue over the past year. Do not go and waste your money on dishes that are 20 dollars but should cost 7.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
george
“My favorite restaurant in Chapel Hill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

I was reading previous review and I thought I should correct some estimations, because I recently met the new owner, him and his family took over the business just the year ago and I have been coming to talullas for more than three years I actually think new menu and taste of the food is much better than before because it's more authentic also service and hospitality are just like in Turkey so they definitely deserve five stars.