“Always Great” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Midlothian, Va
“Always Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I travel to Chapel Hill routinely and I find myself drawn to Nantuckett Cafe. The reason is: Great food, great atmosphere & friendly staff. Try the Ribs and a cold beer!

Visited September 2012

76% Recommend
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Their soups are outstanding!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

They serve a couple of seafood chowders that are really wonderful. They also have good sandwiches and hot meals. Their pasta dishes are quite nice. My only complaint is about their desserts, which other people rave about. Their dessert servings are absolutely HUGE, and there's always too much frosting or whipped cream on them - removable, of course, but somehow that doesn't always work. In a way, this is good - I don't need any dessert - but it is strange that the desserts are so overdone. It won't keep me away, though - the soups are always calling my name!

Visited July 2012
Carolina, USA
“It's All Good - -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

All the food here is good, and I am unanimous in this!! (Fans of the Brit TV series Are You Being Served will understand...) A neat and convenient place to meet friends for a bite, and I also love to stop by and pick up their delicious soups to take home. Close your eyes when you walk in, so you won't see the bakery display case. If you fail, and catch a glimpse, again, it's all good. I am a tremendous snob about desserts, since rarely is there a baked good in a restaurant that I can't beat by a thousand miles at home. However, I am also NOT a picky eater, and I do love sweets! These cake slices are HUGE, and although my friend and I only went there for dessert at one point, I could only eat 1/8 of the slice. Took the rest home, and ate on it for the rest of the week. Amazing!!!

Visited April 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Lunchtime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had a very delicious chicken pecan feta spinach salad.

Visited July 2012
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Great spot for Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Sanwiches and salads are worth sampling, but save room for dessert - you'll want to take more home!

Visited July 2011