“5 Stars!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vespa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 231 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Malette
Description: Looking for elegant and relaxing ambiance with artfully crafted dishes, tasty cocktails, wine, and easy parking? Vespa Ristorante can be your go-to. We're located in the heart of Chapel Hill on Franklin street and can be available for large parties. Come say hello to our owner/head chef and our friendly staff.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“5 Stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I love this resturant! The food is finominal! I had the Gnocchi and it was amazing. The atmospher is friendly and inviting. I definatly reccomend dinning here!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Better Than A Chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went during an off time and realized that our server and staff was in experienced. The bread was warm fresh and good before the meal the salad was fine and the food was good.
The atmosphere was cozy and they did have parking - which is at a premium in downtown Chapel Hill on W Franklin St. we both got the Early Bird special (3-6pm) for $19.50 salad, entree and dessert. Our dessert choices were Tiramisu and cream puffs - both were very good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Guaynabo
“Nice find on Franklin St.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I kept driving past this restaurant and something was preventing me from giving it a try until a read a good enough review to take the plunge.I think the owner would benefit if he/she put some white christmas lights or bulbs in the little patio facing the sidewalk and street.It would call attention to an otherwise unremarkable outside area.The inside of this little restaurant is much more appealing.I never would have guessed that from the outside.I actually don't remember what I ate but the experience overall was surprisingly good and I definitely would go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Service was great! food ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I went to vespa with some friends the service was great very attentive and helpful. We order the Mediterranean platter for appetizer which was really good, but it needed more pita bread, it came with for different dipping sauce and only about 8 small triangular pieces of pita. I order a chicken with asparagus on a white wine sauce, the chicken was really dry, only 2 small skinny asparagus and boxed mashed potatoes (really bad). I think it is a little over price for the food quality.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Came back quickly and was just as happy the second time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I returned to Vespa earlier this week at my encouragement. I had been thinking about the Carpaccio appetizer since our visit in late July, and was just as pleased as I had been the first time. The beef is sliced super thin and served with arugula and shaved parmesan, absolutely scrumptious! I had intended to take a photo, but was halfway through the dish before the thought crossed my mind again. For the entree, I choose Fettuccini Nere, a dish served with a gorgeous bundle of black ink fettucini mixed with a yummy tomato sauce and served with butterflied shrimp. My husband enjoyed Calamari for the appetizer and the Spaghetti Pescati for his entree. It was a nice evening in Chapel Hill, so we decided to dine al fresco. A few flies were just slightly annoying, but the fresh taste of the food allowed for ignoring the distraction! All in all an enjoyable meal.

Visited August 2013