“Great little Restaurant on Franklin St.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Pacific Rim
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Guaynabo
“Great little Restaurant on Franklin St.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was by far the best find on Franklin St.as far as fine dining and ambiance goes.The front room is smallish and cozy,elegantly simple with white tablecloths and a very clever use of mirrors.The lighting is perfect.A lot of thought went into strategically placing the tables to give the room an overall intimate effect.They also have another room in the back which is a less formal room and more of a lounge with its dark lighting and lanterns.. the crowd seemed "hip" and young professional.I've dined in both rooms and had a great time.For the adventurous I recommend the soft shell crabs when in season.Had them both times.The service is impeccable and the staff is very knowledgeable.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greensboro, North Carolina
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

A recent meal at Lantern reminded me why I love this place. Even though our waiter was a little off in terms of timing (he was triple seated), we had a terrific meal from appetizers, to main courses, to wine. It is a bustling and often cramped atmosphere. If you want privacy, this is not the place to go. But the food is always prepared perfectly and the tastes surprising and distinct even with dishes that I have had many times before.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“From: Not a Foodie”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

So, I am always reluctant to write a negative review. But, I think "meat and potatoes people" need a heads up. This is NOT your place. Foodies: this is your place. I can be as daring as asian fusion and creative dining but I really struggled with this menu. Again, I am not a foodie. I want to know what I am eating and I don't like surprises. The place was packed with lots of happy people having a good time. So, they connect with the hype. I just didn't. I ordered the pork and it was fine but I would not order it again. Bottom line - it just wasn't my kind of place.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“Special occasions and any day of the week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We started coming here for special occasions then realized that if you ease off on the alcohol and stick to two courses it cost the same as any old hack restaurant on Franklin Street. I like the fact that we are greeted by name when we arrive. We love the use of local ingredients blended with eastern favors. My favorite is always one of the fish dishes. Splash out on a cocktail and you will not be disappointed.

Visited September 2013
Greensboro
“Great fun atmosphere in the bar area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went here on a Wednesday and by 7PM the place was full. We loved the casual, fun atmosphere in the bar area and really enjoyed the food. The bar was lit by lanterns but there was a not-too-bright regular light above each table which allowed us to easily see our food and each other. We had some great cocktails: the Dark and Stormy" (Blenheim spicy ginger ale, Gosling's dark rum) and the "Late Blossom" (Vodka, Lillet blanc, lychee, orange blossom water). That lychee cocktail was a treat! The bento box was sake and tea-cured wild king salmon that was perfectly prepared. We also had the seafood hotpot - lobster dumplings, wild shrimp, blue crab with locally sourced clams, spring rain noodles, fresh lime leaf, pea greens, and shellfish broth. We had so much fun! I love this place - the food was nuanced, flavorful, just the right touch. A great place to go!

• Visited September 2013