“Fabulous stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 hotels in Chapel Hill
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Fabulous stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Everything went as it was promised but more. Room was fabulous - a separate bedroom from the living area, kitchen and clean/new. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was excellent. I will stay here the next time I'm in Chapel Hll. Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Found room to be clean, quite and restful after surgery procedure, staff helpful as well. Only thing I was disappointed with, was not getting a medical rate at this location, as our Doctor's office had told us that this was possible at most all the hotels in the area. We will have to check out other hotels for these rates as we will be coming often for procedures. Sorry this hotel doesn't offer this, nice location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was in Chapel Hill for a UNC conference and decided to stay here as I like Hampton Inns. This hotel was very comfortable as all Hamptons, but was very quiet. Even though I heard they were full, there was absolutely no noise from the hall or the adjoining rooms. I usually use earplugs when I travel but they were not necessary. I would stay here again....and will!

Room Tip: I prefer a higher floor. My room faced the pool side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

As always Hampton Inn's are consistently reliable. The hotel bed was queen sized and was very comfortable. A really great bed, I felt like I was sleeping at home! I can't thank you enough for providing such a comfortable truly sized Queen bed. I was very happy!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
outside Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend retreat. This location was located conveniently to the interstate, tucked back in behind a couple of other hotels.

We arrived on a Thursday evening, late, and I reserved a King Suite. We were in room 323, which is all the way at the far end of the hallway, the other end of the hotel, next to an elevator that thoughtfully only runs between 7 AM and 9 PM. The room was adequate for our needs. Having stayed at a Hampton Inn before the fresh duvets are very nice because you know they've been freshly washed. However, our duvet every night was verrrry lumpy - like our daughter's stuffed animals were under every square. It was kind of funny, but the covers were definitely lumpy. The room itself is showing a little sign of wear - chips in the tub, a couple of wall marks in the bathroom and the dresser drove us batty. Top drawer in bedroom would not close if there were clothes in it. We'd close it, and it would open itself, over and over again. Also kind of funny.

Living/kitchen was very nice. If I had one request in the kitchen it would be to turn the fridge/freezer doors to the other side. They opened from the wall and were hard to get into.

Breakfast was pretty standard fare. Normal Hampton Inn offerings, which were just fine. I really like the big counter/table in the lounge area for just chilling out.

I would like to see the manager's receptions offered on days OTHER than Tuesday and Wednesday. And one night there were cookies at 5:30 (Friday night) but the other nights there weren't - which I didn't understand why.

Also want to add there was a huge wedding there that weekend and they didn't bother/interfere with us a bit. The management on this hotel is good. Would stay again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I arrived at 1 a.m. Monday, May 13 for a week-long class at UNC that began that same day. I called ahead to mention I would be arriving late from Charlotte, and the staff could not have responded better. Lavar, the front-desk attendant, checked me in quickly, scheduled a wake-up call and handed me an extra blanket and pillow — just in case I got cold and didn't want to make the trek downstairs to ask for them.

The quality of service continued to defy my expectations throughout the week. Each morning the complimentary breakfast buffet was robust, with different items. The front-desk staff always was quick to say hello and offer tips to make my stay more pleasant.

I stayed in a suite, which was huge! Yes, the room could use some updating, but it was very comfortable. The kitchen came in handy — particularly the full-size refrigerator. I did notice when I sat in the living-room area that it was very easy to hear what was going on in the hallway, but that didn't bother me. Wish the air-conditioning system had been a little more quiet, but that's the only possible complaint I could muster for this property.

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a suite. In my case, it was only $10 more per night — and completely worth it. My room was n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chapel Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Over all I had a good experience. Breakfast was good. The Tuesday and Wednesday evening beer, wine and snacks were adequate. The exercise room had a couple of tread mills, a recumbent bike, elipitical trainer (squeeky) and hand weights. Next time I will request a room further away from the elevator and ice machine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chapel Hill / Durham Area? Share your experiences!