“good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here last night. Rooms were clean, bed comfortable. tub was a little narrow, but otherwise was fine. parking was a bit limited, but not too bad. hotel was nicely updated, though one of the outlets in the room didn't have a cover. breakfast was adequate but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We just spent 4 nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Chapel Hill for my son's wedding. I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. The staff is friendly and very willing to help! There we many rooms booked for the wedding guests throughout the weekend and all of the comments were positive. Orlando (the manager) makes this hotel the exceptional place that it is. The rooms we clean and quite even though it was a football weekend. The lobby was bright and the breakfast area was relaxed and the food was great! We also used the "Free" shuttle service to the rehearsal dinner on Friday night. The drive was so GREAT and we never felt rushed the entire night. I would highly recommend this hotel when you visit Chapel Hill.

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

No issues at all with this hotel, even though it's on the budget end...

The price is good, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. Usually the budget hotels have paper thin walls, but we found this one to be well soundproofed... we were there during a homecoming weekend and in a wedding party... slept no problems at all with no noise heard from other rooms... :-)

Would definitely stay again and highly recommend...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this Holiday Inn while moving my son into college in Durham, NC. Though my GPS had me going in circles, once I arrived, I was greeted by a nice young lady. The hotel is nestled back and parking is a little tight, in the front, but very spacious in the "deck" and back. Very clean and the staff was very helpful with directions to retail stores and restaurants. They all made a very difficult time in my life...a smooth transition.

• Stayed September 2012
Cheraw, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

LOVED this hotel! VERY quiet, clean, comfortable, super friendly staff. Decent breakfast (not exceptional, but not bad either). So quiet I actually wondered whether I was the only one on my floor (I wasn't lol). Very nicely decorated.

Easy on and off I-40, and close to Chapel Hill and Durham, UNC and Duke. Seemed to be plenty of parking.

Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The top floor was super quiet!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while attending a class at School of Government in Chapel Hill. The location was perfect - a quick left at the light and a straight shot to the school. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very well attended to. My only complaints about this room was that there was little to NO selections on the television (unless I was doing something wrong). They only had about five or six of the channels that were listed on the channels sheet. Also, the curtain in my room did not close completely. My room was on the 4th floor but it faced another (office?) building and I was always paranoid that someone would be able to see into my room. Overall, I had a great experience at this hotel and would highly recommend it and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had to travel to Chapel Hill for a family function. I chose this hotel as I'm a Priority Club member and this chain is usually good. Well, this hotel was beyond all expectations. In fact, another family member was also there and he said it is his favorite in the area, and he could stay anywhere. The staff was friendly and helpful. In fact, they all seemed to be on the same page as far as their answers and service. We were very pleased with the staff, The accommadations were clean and very well cared for. The bathroom was certainly large enough, clean and very organized. We did not have time to visit the pool area or the exercise room, but we did have breakfast which was varied and very good. This was our favorite hotel in this chain and would recommend it to anyone going to Chapel Hill. It's location is also great.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th (top) floor, and thay was great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill? Share your experiences!