“Did not get what I paid for” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in Chapel Hill
Type: Department Stores, Specialty Shops, Coffeehouses, Shopping
Toronto, Ontario
“Did not get what I paid for”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Was visiting a friend for a girls weekend. I purchased a large can of white chocolate pecans for my husband as I left him home for this trip. Well, we were both disappointed when he opened the can and found not only were they a cheap milk chocolate they were also peanuts, not pecans!
So be aware you may not get what you pay for. This store is not cheap by any means and to get cheap peanuts instead of pecans is a crime. It's too bad I am not close enough to return the product. I contacted them but no response to date.

Visited October 2013

NJ
7 attraction reviews
“A fun foodie place with a little bit of everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this shop in the yellow pages while looking for a gift shop while in Raleigh recently- and I am glad I did! I decided to make a trip over and check it out. This store has just about every gourmet food item you might be looking for, with an emphasis on Southern specialties. From the tea, coffee, candy, and food shops to the cookware, decorative housewares , and gift baskets there is always something to check out here. They even have a small section of clothing related items and accessories! Well worth the time to check this place out.

Visited October 2012
Culpeper, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Unfortunate way to treat excellent chocolates”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This beautiful store with great service and products poorly performed when it came to purchasing chocolates. I knew they carried Neuhaus chocolates and was disgusted by what I saw. Some milk chocolates turned orange, and the dark chocolate (Albert) looked dried and covered with a white coat. These chocolates sell for $60.00 per pound and this store should know better. I am hoping that this unsavory review will force management to look at the way the chocolates are kept and sold. Clearly these items were way past the due date and likely are an health risk to consumers. If you wish to buy anything else then this place is great.

Visited August 2013
New Bern, North Carolina
25 attraction reviews
“Great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

A trip here is always a good time. I live a couple of hours away and usually go a couple of times a year. There is so much stuff to see that it would probably help to have a list, but my approach is to just wander through the aisles. The cheese and bread selections are wonderful.

Visited December 2012
Cary, North Carolina
29 attraction reviews
“Cooking Class Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Completely enjoyed the New Orleans cooking class I attended with two friends. Made and ate chicken and sausage gumbo and peach foster for dessert. Definitely something I would do again.

Visited May 2013