“Made Business Travel Feel Like Home...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chapel Hill Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chapel Hill
Prices are for rooms, adults
Chapel Hill Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Chapel Hill Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
4421 Manns Chapel Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27516   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Chapel Hill B&B and Inns
Burlington
“Made Business Travel Feel Like Home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My job requires me to travel for four weeks straight out of the year-- North Carolina was the last stop on my list. I greatly feared facing intense cumulative exhaustion and sickness. I feel that my decision to stay at Chapel Hill B&B helped me regain strength and energy for my final week of work tasks. I would not have been able to get through my travel season with as much strength, calm, or finesse had I not stayed with Oscar Moncada at his B&B.

Feel privileged and give yourself a pat on the back for finding this gem in the world of traveling! Not only are the accommodations stellar, but the owner, Mr. Moncada, is an amazing friend to have and man to know. The B&B is his passion project and his warm personality radiates from the rooms as much as it radiates from him when you meet him.

The tub can double as a mini-swimming pool for people like myself (under 5 feet tall) and waking up to the sunrise over the pond is a great way to start your busy (or vacation-based) day. I only was able to have breakfast one morning due to the nature of my work schedule, but my was it delicious!

Traveling, in my opinion, should always be an experience rather than an extended time in a different setting. Now when I think of my time in North Carolina, I think of great conversations with Oscar, lovely whirlpool baths after busy days, drifting to deep sleep in the huge and wonderfully comfortable bed, and waking up in a place that reminded me to take solace and rest, to enjoy this new place and to take care of myself regardless of what tasks needed to eb done throughout my day.

I am excited for you to enjoy Chapel Hill B&B as well! I am excited for Oscar as those touched by him and the wonderful space he's created continue to share their stories. Perhaps you will be next!

Room Tip: I loved my time in the Chocolate Room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I left Harrisonburg, VA for a weekend getaway in Chapel Hill and had a very enjoyable stay with Oscar at his home. We stayed in the Merlot suite and LOVED the over-sized tub and shower. The fireplace in the room was a nice touch (never used it though) and the ability to walk out on the deck and listen to birds and enjoy the view of the pond in the morning was very relaxing. The King bed with all the pillows and blankets was like sleeping on a cloud. Oscar was the best part of the stay. Very friendly and hospitable and a pleasure to talk to and share stories with. Overall, a super, tranquil and relaxing stay at the Chapel Hill Bed and Breakfast. Would recommend and will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Merlot Suite was great! Very plush comfortable bed, hardwood floors, great decor, nice updated shower and Whirlpool area. It was nice to sit out on the balcony in the morning and see the tall pine trees and birds. When I arrived at night, there were three young deer waiting to greet me as I pulled into the driveway, they ran off a few feet then just stopped and looked at me. Oscar told me that there are about ten deer that were born in the backyard and live on the property. Will definitely come back next time I visit my UNC daughter and enjoy the wonderful breakfast and the tranquility.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The chocolate suite was fantastic. the most comfy bed ever a huge tub for two very romatical. me and my wifes honeymoon was so memorable thanks to oscar. he was fantastic in showing you everything and was not bothersome one bit to let you relax. My wife and I will be going back for our one year anniversary there.

• Stayed September 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I live in Chapel Hill, but we were stuck in town for Labor Day weekend and so decided spend 2 nights at the Chapel Hill B&B. We had a great experience and were impressed by Oscar's hospitality and cooking. We enjoyed our room and got much better sleep than we would have at home thanks to the comfortable bed. Most importantly, we felt like were on vacation even though we were only a 15 minute drive from home. Thanks Oscar!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My parents came to visit and I didn't have room for them so I got them rooms here. They really liked Oscar and talked about him at length. He is a great cook and takes care to keep it healthy and tasty. He even noticed my dad's lack of taste for black beans with his omelet and left them off the plate the next day. I was able to get them a room with two very comfortable beds which was important to my mom so she could sleep! It was very easy for them to come and go as they pleased and it is very convenient to the Briar Chapel neighborhood just outside of Chapel Hill or even Southern Village. Based on my parents praise, I would recommend setting up a stay here rather than an hotel. It made their visit here that much more special. Thanks Oscar for taking care of them like they were your own family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We enjoyed our stay, and would return! The place was clean and well appointed, the bed very comfortable, the pond absolutely lovely, and the location was convenient. We had a spinach omelet and a Belgian waffle for breakfast and enjoyed the owner's company at the table. Highly recommend.We appreciated the private bathroom.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Merlot room and had a charming view of the pond.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Chapel Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!