“Loved the Days Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Chapel Hill

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Chapel Hill to your Saves list
Days Inn Chapel Hill
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1312 North Fordham Boulevard, Highway 15-501 Bypass, Chapel Hill, NC 27514   |
Ranked #13 of 16 hotels in Chapel Hill
spartanburg, sc
“Loved the Days Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

I thouroughly enjoyed my stay at the Days Inn. The property was well maintained and very clean which has not always been true for other places I have stayed in the past. I have small children and I always fear staying in hotels with them. The room was clean and you could tell the carpet had been recently changed. I was treated nicely when I made my reservation with Mark. My check-in was handled courteously and quickly by Hetal, which is important when you are travelling with kids. I loved my stay there and I definitely will go back there and I will tell my friends as well! It was a great room at a great price!!

• Liked — cleanliness and service
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chapel Hill, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

The customer service was terrible from the front desk person all the way until the general manager, Mike. We will never use this hotel again anyway. What a terrible terrible experience. Seems that Days Inn missed out on training the employees on how to be in customer service. This must be why all the other hotels in the area were booked for parents' weekend except this one.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the people
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
north carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

My sister was transferred to the hospital in chapel hill so me and 7 other family members went up for a few days. This was the first hotel we came to and for 2 nights it was really expensive. The room was very clean and it wasnt to far from anything we needed. On the other hand the staff was not friendly at all or helpful. We were not greeted when we walked up to the desk to check in or out. It was simplu how many nights this is the price and will that be cash or charge. There was no hello or how are you or anything to that affect not even a thanks for staying. I have been in the hospitality industry for 10 years now and all of our staff are required to take Customer Service Classes. We use the 8 foot rule with guests which means Greet them at all times no matter how bad your day is. Even the housekeepers looked mad and didnt speak. I would highly reccomend some kind of training for these employees. So if you want to spend a lot of money and be ignored then feel free to stay at this hotel I Know i wont and neither will anyone in my family.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
West Chester, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

I stayed here for one night and was not impressed. The hotel is just off the main road, so there is a lot of noise. The room was basic with nothing special. The included breakfast in the morning was good. It is located more than a mile from the main downtown area, so you need to drive to get anywhere. At least the room was reasonably clean.

• Stayed January 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

I stayed at this hotel while I was looking at grduate schools. It exceeded my expectations. I have stayed at Days Inns that were not spectacular, but this one had new furniture and great looking rooms. The continental breakfast was also very good.

• Liked — Comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Spotty internet service
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Princeton, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2006

The Days Inn in Chapel Hill is in a convenient location, off of Fordham Blvd. and very near 15-501. It has easy access to several local shopping plazas, and is only a couple of miles from the UNC campus.

One big perk is that this hotel has jacuzzis in a number of rooms. The jacuzzis are separate from the bathroom, in the actual bedroom itself; they are elegantly large for one person, or might fit two smaller people.

The downsides of this hotel were the poor quality of the basic amenities: towels were small and thin, and the king-size bed was very firm and uncomfortable. The bathroom was also very dimly lit.

Staff were friendly and helpful, and all facilities were clean and in good condition. Rooms come with a continental breakfast in the morning, although the breakfast was primarily starchy foods--muffins/danishes, bagels, donuts.

Overall, this hotel was well-maintained, but the uncomfortable mattresses in particular were a major downside.

• Stayed April 2006
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2006

I stayed at the Days Inn for three nights recently and can't recommend it. It wasn't terrible, but there were enough problems that I will not be staying there again.

First, it is very noisy. I had a room towards the back of the building, but still the noise from the four-lane road just in front of the building was disturbing. The big trucks speeding along at night even woke me up in the middle of the night; I slept the rest of the night with earplugs!

Second, while one of the front desk staff was very courteous and helpful, another individual at the front desk was rude and idiotic. Maybe this second guy was hired after the previous reviewers had stayed here. Furthermore, on the morning that I was checking out, the staff called my room 30 minutes before check-out, and continued to call every 10 minutes to make sure that I would get out. Despite my "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, the housekeeper barged in to my room while I was in the shower--about 20 mintues before check-out. The maid pounded on the door again five minutes before check-out time. I can understand a hotel getting frustrated if a guest stays beyond check-out time, but this is the first time I have ever been hassled BEFORE check-out time.

Finally, contrary to the previous reviews, I didn't find my room to be in particularly good condition. The wallpaper was peeling in places, the carpet was threadbare in front of the chair, and the bedspread looked like it had seen years of service. The TV cut out several times and the heater/AC unit was very noisy.

I think there are better choices in Chapel Hill.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Chapel Hill? Share your experiences!