“Clean, comfortable and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Clean, comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I try to stay in this hotel when I come to Chapel Hill for various reasons. It is located conveniently for me, close to I-40 and shopping and restaurants.

The rooms are nicely appointed, but a bit on the small side. I don't normally stay more than 2-3 days each time, so this doesn't bother me, but may bother some who stay for any longer than this. The room has free wi-fi and the staff are very pleasant and helpful.

The business area has some benefits as well, with computers and space to spread out a little bit. I was able to meet with a couple of colleagues and could work effectively on a project for about an hour.

The bed and pillows are comfortable. I don't like the feather pillows which are too soft, and these are a good blend of soft and firm. It has always felt clean and fresh. The flat screen TV is a nice plus.

My only complaint is the restaurant and breakfast, but it has nothing to do with this hotel or Sheraton. Why is it that the more you spend on a hotel room in a nicer, higher end chain that you have to pay for breakfast? I find this backwards in many ways. I am quite surprised they don't charge for wi-fi access, honestly. The breakfast area is small and tucked in a corner near the restaurant entrance, behind the reception area. The food was fresh and of good quality, but I couldn't help but feel like the value was not there.

The restaurant is a Shula’s 347 Grill and I have never eaten there despite many stays. I don't feel the value is good for the money to be honest. But, don't let that dissuade you from trying it!

Overall, this is a good value hotel with a nice location. I would highly recommend it for business travelers in particular.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions for business and my experience has been consistently good. Rooms are on the smaller side, but updated and well laid out (note - I have only ever stayed in Starwood preferred rooms or on the executive floor - I have heard from others that other rooms are not as nice, so may be worth requesting one of these rooms). Beds are very comfortable. Noise level is good - I have never had problems with noise for adjacent rooms or floors above. Staff has always been friendly and efficient and willing to address any issues. Free parking and wireless are a plus.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

We throughly enjoyed our stay at this Sheraton and were very pleased from the moment we walked in to the beautiful lobby. The staff was friendly, efficient and acommodating. The room was clean, provided everything we needed and the linens were fluffy and the bed very comfortable. Close to all of Chapel Hill & Durham with shuttle service to all areas. World class dining close by and although we didn't try Shulas in the hotel we heard good things from those that did. It was a relaxing stay and we couldn't have asked for better care from the staff.

Room Tip: Fourth floor exec was well worth it.. Lovely appetizers w/ wine in the evening and wonderful contine...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Spent the weekend here on business. Based on past reviews, I was a little concerned, but it exceeded my expectations. The room was small but newly renovated, and very well thought out. The only drawback was no minifridge. The service was excellent, and the staff friendly and helpful. Free wifi was a big plus and the location was very good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I came alone for one night before my family arrived and was given excellent service. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The shuttle service was great, taking me to my destinations and picking me up when requested. Once my family came, I needed less attention, but the friendly manner of the staff continued. We had an excellent buffet breakfast, again with good service.
We also enjoyed the workout room. When we discovered a leak in the ceiling, the hotel repair person was there within minutes to work on the repair. The only thing missing from this hotel was an indoor pool, which my grandkids would have thoroughly enjoyed. If not for that, I would have given a 5 star rating!

Room Tip: Rooms in back overlook a parking lot and many trees. Very quiet. Pretty in the fall season.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I spent one night here for a recent visit to Chapel Hill. For the money, I felt it was a good value compared to nearby hotels. The location is great, the beds were comfortable, the room was clean and check in and check out was simple. They were hosting a large event during our stay which made parking somewhat difficult, but we didn't have any real issues when all was said and done. The bathroom could have been a little cleaner and it would have been nice to have a microwave and/or mini fridge. But overall, good value, great location for visiting Chapel Hill, and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I read the reviews on trip advisor, Google, and Yahoo. Some made me concerned about staying there. I didn't see any construction. The rooms were clean and modern. The walls/doors could be better to drown out noise in the hallways. I am not saying the hallways are noisy. The beds were good but would be excellent with a pillow top. The bedding was delightful. The staff was top notch. Thanks to Mrs. English, she made want to visit the Sheraton again.

• Stayed October 2011
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and sincerely appreciate such positive feedback. We strive to deliver VIP service to every guest of the hotel. The signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed is found in all of our rooms, renowned for its comfort and pillow soft duvet. Our property is completely renovated, which has been completed for some time. We are incredibly proud of our staff and property and we anticipate our next opportunity to WOW you.

Been to Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!