“decent hotel with some good amenities” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Saint Louis, Missouri
“decent hotel with some good amenities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel as part of a conference package. The hotel was fine, though not stellar, with some desk staff very helpful and others not. Upon checking in, I was not made aware of a special price on the breakfast buffet that had to be purchased at check - in. When I found out later, however, they were quick to make that offer available to me. The downside is that hotel is very isolated from the center of town and you really need a car to get anywhere. Nothing is walkable from the hotel and the only walkable "restaurant" is McDonalds. The hotel, however, offers a shuttle service, which more often than not, was available to take me to area restaurants and museums, which is a good service. All in all, a very good, though not above average stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
tmilby, Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
I am glad to hear that you found our Shuttle useful.
Our goal is to treat every guest as a VIP. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide exceptional service next time you are in the area. I would very much like to discuss your visit in detail, if you are willing to contact me directly.
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback.
Director of Revenue/Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

We loved this Sheraton. You can get anything you need from the helpful staff. You can excercise and swim. The rooms are quiet. What more could you want?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
virginia beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

We stayed here several days prior to Memorial Day. As others have indicated, the hotel lobby is new with lots of open space. A nice welcome from the front desk and we were able to check in early in the day. We enjoyed lunch in the Shula restaurant the first day of our stay and used the 20% discount card we rec'd at check-in.

We stayed on the top floor (4th floor) which is the Club Level floor. Room was small compared to other Sheraton rooms we've stayed in, however it did have one of the very comfortable beds that Sheraton is known for. Nice desk area, free wifi, chair/ottoman, small balcony, open closet space and large bathroom. No complaints about the room, other than some areas in the shower/bathtub area could have used some help from Tilex or some other tile/grout cleaner.

Being on the club level floor allowed us access to continental breakfast in the club "lounge" each morning. This is a small area and Items included muffins, bagels, toast, cereal, granola bars, fresh fruit (cantaloupe, honeydew, pineapple), instant oatmeal, yogurt, juices, so tdrinks - that worked for us each day as we are not big breakfast eaters. In the evenings, the club lounge had fresh veggies/dip, cheese and crackers, several hot pick up snacks - one night, it included really good shrimp. Club level lounge was always accessible for soft drinks, juice, bottled water, yogurt, newspapers.

One area that really needs some work is the outside landscaping - everything is in desperate need of some attention.

Overall, an OK stay, considering we used our points for this stay. It is close to many good restaurant choices, easy access to parking lot, quick elevators and friendly service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
I am pleased that you took advantage of our club level, and Shula's 347 Grill during your stay.

We have recently completed our spring landscaping. We have added many new trees, and a variety of summer flowers. I trust that you will find our new look very attractive.

We are continuously looking for ways to exceed our guest's expectations, and your comments will help us reach that goal.

Director of Revenue/Rooms
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Staff was very professional, kind and helpful. The property was large and beautiful, they have an outdoor pool, which being that it was around 95 degrees was splendid. In house exercise facility and business center. Shula's 347 is also in house and was exquisite, waitstaff speedy and sociable. Our room and bed (especially) were divine, I haven't even slept that comfortably in my own home in quite some time.

ALL IN ALL my wife and I were very satisfied and would recommend Sheraton Chapel Hill to anyone who visits the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

The Sheraton recently renovated its lobby, and looks very nice upon first arrival. They also have a decent fitness room and poo.. I wish they would have spent some of the money, however, on the rooms and customer service training. The walls are paper thin and we could hear verbatim the conversation next door to us. They also put us in the middle of a large wedding party, and we were awoken at 7:00 a.m. by kids running up and down the hallway screaming and doors slamming. The room was very small (even though we supposedly had one of the preferred rooms) and many of the fixtures in the bathroom were broken.

While the Sheraton is very conveniently located and a decent price, you can do much better in the area. There are plenty of hotels to choose from that we have overall been very happy with. If you value sleep, a working bathroom, and good customer service, do not choose this one.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

If this hotel trained its staff better, it could be a great place to stay. We purchased two rooms on priceline here and overall it was a good value. But, how awful when they treat you second class for buying the rooms on priceline. First, the front desk person could not find our reservation. Then, she explained that we had two handicap rooms. When I presented my Starwood Gold card, she explained that "you cant use that" and continued a lengthy explanation about how it doesn't count when I buy on priceline. Other hotels that I've used priceline for have not done this and even upgraded my room.

Then, after checkin, no assistance with our bags.

Overall, the rooms are nice, updated and comfortable. Only thing I did not like is the comforter that was too hot. Good coffee. Outdoor pool was drained.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011 via mobile

The rooms and lobby here are beautifully remodeled.  Too bad the owner's millions are being wasted through shoddy housekeeping.  My wife was sanitizing the wash basin to give our infant a bath and found mold under the rim of the basin and mold on the shower tile under the fixtures.  Shower drain stopper kept closing on it's own and the maids are pretty stingy with the towels...two of each type were in our room...and we were on the club floor as we are SPG Platinum.

The grounds look horrible!  I don't believe any real landscape maintenance has taken place here in a long time.  At least pick up the trash and old tree branches lying around and invest in a leaf blower to clear the parking spaces and sidewalks.

With the one exception of the nice front desk clerk that checked us out, the staff was aloof at best and rude at worst.

My recommendation to Sheraton Chapel Hill: Cease operations and retrain immediately!

• Stayed April 2011
tmilby, Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback. We are investigating your concerns. We currently are using a new landscaper, and I am sure you will see a new look next time you visit. I hope you will consider the Sheraton Chapel Hill next time you visit the Durham/Chapel Hill area. Our goal is to be a remarkable hotel. Please call me directly if you are willing to discuss your concerns in more detail.
Ted Milby

Been to Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!