“Adorable hotel with GREAT customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Chapel Hill
dallas, tx
“Adorable hotel with GREAT customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We booked two rooms here last minute on priceline. We were traveling with our five kids- including a one and two year old. We were very lucky to get this as most of the other hotels in the area were booked. I called them to request two queens in each room, but since they only had kins available they had a REALLY nice, comfortable rollout bed available right when we got there.

Pros:
-Beautiful drive up
-Amazingly nice staff. Our toddlers were tired and really rowdy from the very long drive. -The staff was so accommodating. They talked to the babies and offered them cookies. -Even though they were close to full and we checked in late, they managed to get us two rooms right across from each other for my husband and the babies, and the big kids in the other room.
-Rooms were very large.
-**Beds were super comfy with nice pillows and linens. Rollout beds were very nice and way bigger than a twin- more like a full size.
-Big bathroom, very clean

Cons:
The only thing I can think of is that its a little bit of a hike if you are going to Duke- probably 20 minutes. (We were there to take our daughter on a tour.)

All in all- a really really great stay and very nice staff. We didn't want to leave.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Pompano Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel was superb and the restaurant outstanding.
Service was beyond expectations until we left the hotel.
Later that day, once I realized that I had left my cell phone charger in the room, service was less dedicated. I knew exactly where I had left the charger. After having called to ask to have my charger retrieved, I was assured that action would be taken immediately and I would get a call back either way (found or not found). Never got the call. The next day when I called to follow up, I got the run around - guest were in the room, but they would check the minute they left. Never got the follow call. When I called again, I was assured that the staff were always very diligent, they had search everywhere and had not found the charger. I mentioned that I had stated exactly where the charger gad been left and that the staff were not required to "search everywhere". My interloculteur was clearly unmotivated (given that I had left the hotel) and said that no more could be done.
A lot of dedication while one is on the premises, but no commitment thereafter.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The Siena may not be for everyone. Only smart people who know what good is. First, this is a hotel for adults, not to say children aren't allowed, but there's nothing in particular for them there, thank heavens, and we encountered nothing but peace and quiet and insanely comfortable beds and bathrooms.

This is the kind of hotel that when you walk in the second time, whoever is at the desk says "Hello Mr. and Mrs. X. Thank you for visiting us again." This is the kind of hotel where parking is easy and there is no pushy valet service. It is an older, revitalized hotel. As of this writing, they are renovating the second floor with new gray marble bathroom, glass surround walk in showers and new appliances. Don't worry, I've already told them we need the electric makeup mirrors back: They will get them.

The beds are fabulously comfortable. The turndown service excellent. The mint wafer chocolates you get every night are quality. The WiFi was fast, allowing me to teach a webinar from our room. You can get a suite, which is a large room with a big sofa, two easy chairs, a dining room table, an annex with your big old king bed in it , juliet balcony and a huge bathroom; or you can get a more modest single with all that I mentioned except no table and a smaller space.

The rooms are furnished in vintage furniture, some a tad beat up, but all elegant and comfortable. Everything WORKS. A small fridge is in the bathroom or bedroom depending on the size of the place, and room service is excellent because....

The hotel houses El Palio, the best Italian restaurant in the Triangle. You will drop some money on dinner there, but it's well worth it.

The one and only thing that wonders me is that there is no complimentary breakfast. The breakfast they do offer is simply too expensive to be attractive to us, especially considering how limited it is. Better to go to the Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen just down the road that is, unless you don't mind overspending.

We love the Siena and have stayed there four times while we were buying our house in Durham. Frankly the whole real estate process was so stressful that we think that, if it weren't for the smart, kind people and comfort at the Siena, we surely would have gone mad.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I checked in quite late after a long day of travelling and mentioned that I'd be leaving very early the next morning. The two people at the front desk asked if they could pack me a to-go breakfast since I would miss the breakfast offered by the hotel. They even had Greek Yogurt - huge points in my book!

The hotel decor is a little cheesy Euro/Italian - but it still has more character and MANY more upgrades than your standard hotel chain.

Better linens, huge room & bathroom, turndown service....hate that I had to leave so early the next morning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
bdeimling, Front Office Manager at The Siena Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at The Siena Hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that the front desk took excellent care of you by preparing an early morning to-go order and that you were able to enjoy some of the aspects of our breakfast even though you had to depart prior to our restaurant opens for breakfast. Our staff love serving our guests, and they always get excited when reading their success stories through reviews.

Additionally, We would like to inform you of our ongoing renovations that will showcase a more modern European decor to our guest rooms and entire hotel.

Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Chapel Hill, NC.

Brian S Deimling
Front Office Manager/Revenue Manager
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

The Siena was a little hard to find but once there it was worth it. Hotel staff were very friendly and efficient. The bar was outstanding with a fine selection and home made cocktais, most notably the Sangria. There is an Italian restaurant there with very fine food and a good wine list. The rooms are old style with antique type furniture and double doors you can open to the outside for those fond of fresh air. Most notable is the staff, very efficient, friendly, professional. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Raleigh area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Our first visit to Siena hotel and it met all my expectations. We are usually Hampton fans, but this hotel had a great bed and breakfast rate for Sunday night so we booked. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, I asked for one of the remodeled rooms and they gave it to me without a problem. Check-in was a breeze, room was very clean and comfortable. Great bed! Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel restaurant, Il Palio, was outstanding and although we hadn't planned to eat all of our meals there, the food and service was so outstanding, we ate there. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
AnthonyCH, General Manager at The Siena Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Great to hear you enjoyed your first stay with us! We are happy know we met all your expectations. And thank you for the feedback on our newly remodeled room. We spent a very long time selecting the new bedding package, and we still have a few more extras to add.

As a recent guest said to me, “Il Palio is not the typical hotel restaurant; it’s a restaurant that happens to have rooms above it.” The culinary team works very hard at delivery the best Italian inspired cuisine using the freshest local farmers and producers we can find.

We look forward to your return visit, and if we can be of any assistance in the mean time please let me know.

Anthony Carey
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

The room was fine but was dated and could use sprucing up. I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have noted that the service level has dipped - the staff seems too busy to bother sometimes - and the focus is on the restaurant and not the casual bar customer. I think they need to realize that this is Chapel Hill and not London or New York - customer service goes a long way.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Siena Hotel? Share your experiences!