“No Sleep” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Cary
south carolina
“No Sleep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I stayed at this property last night. I requested a non-smoking room, which I received. However there were people smoking in the hallway. I contacted the front desk and was told "it is probably just people lighting up before they go outside" NOT THE ANSWER i wanted. I call the BW Cust, Serv. line and they contacted the hotel and they were told THE SAME THING. I told the Cust. Serv. rep to let the hotel know I would be checking out in the morning. At 11:30 the fire alarm went off. I could barely hear it in my room. Most hotels have alarms in each room....not this one. I called the front desk and was told not worry, it happens all of the time and it will go off shortly. If you care about your safety I would suggest staying somewhere else. What would have happened had I been asleep and there was a true fire and could not hear the alarm???

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
bwdirectorofsales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cary Inn - NC State, responded to this review, March 5, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent visit to our hotel. Everyone here at the Best Western Cary Inn takes matters very seriously in terms of addressing guest dissatisfaction and areas of improvement. We were disappointed to learn that you had turned down our offer to switch you into an alternate guestroom that evening. We had hoped that this would eliminate the smoke smell within your suite resulting from guests smoking just out your window in the parking lot and provide a more comfortable accommodation for the duration of your stay. It is always our top priority to ensure the best possible Best Western experience, and hope that you give us a second chance to do so the next time you are visiting this area. Please contact me before your next travel into Cary, NC and I will personally ensure that you receive the exceptional level of guest service and hotel amenities that are expected from a Best Western property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Oakboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

The beds are hard as a rock, and the people working there didn't seem to care too much about helping you out. However, it was pretty clean, and that's the main thing I look for.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
bwdirectorofsales, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cary Inn - NC State, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to provide us feedback on your experience. We take all reviews submitted very seriously and are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your accommodations. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and assure you that we will be looking into this matter more closely. Usually all members of our staff here pride themselves in showing attention to detail and looking after the needs of all our guests. Again, we do appreciate your feedback and do hope that you allow us a second chance to show you what a true Best Western experience should be. If you plan on traveling back into the Cary area anytime in the future please let me know directly, I am the Director of Sales for the hotel, and I will personally take care of ensuring a wonderful experience throughout your stay with us.
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Picked this hotel from AAA guide as the place I usually stay at was booked and stayed 6 nights. Lady on phone was very friendly but not so much when I actually arrived. Desk personnel were fine at check in but always seemed hovered over a computer screen--or something--at other times. I was surprised at how many steps there are to climb to get to my room on the second floor. No elevator. Felt so sorry for the cleaning girl who was dragging a HUGE trash can of cleaning supplies up the steps by herself. Cleaning people were friendly and did a good job. Free breakfast was OK but ran out of items early when huge crowd came to stay for the Senior Games. Hotel price was VERY low and impressed by that as I've paid far more for less. A bit difficult to get into from the street as no left turn --have to go to light and make a U-turn. Initially a bit confused as to where the hotel is as the old reception area and hotel are vacant and look like a tornado hit!! I suppose they'll eventually be torn down. Very convenient to all kinds of restaurants, shopping, nearby Raleigh, etc. etc. Pillows were uncomfortable, IMO, and wish I'd brought my own. All in all, pretty good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
DirectorofSalesBWC, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cary Inn - NC State, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Thank you for sharing your recent experience while staying with us here at the Best Western Cary Inn. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and were able to take advantage of all that was offered both locally and by the hotel. Your comments regarding the few dislikes that you mentioned such as the unfriendly guest service staff and uncomfortable pillows are taken very seriously and I appreciate you bringing them to our attention. They will definitely be reviewed with our staff and used to improve on our level of guest services. Thank you again and I hope we will have the chance to serve you upon your next travels into to Cary, North Carolina.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I stayed in the extended stay portion of the hotel for about a week. The price was right (really excellent value at the extended-stay rate), so I decided to give it a try. The service was attentive and the front desk called after check-in to make sure everything was satisfactory. My room was very clean, with nice appliances that included a fridge, dishwasher and some cooking supplies. Bathroom was also very clean and up-to-date. I appreciated the free internet. Also, the hotel lacks an updated fitness area, but there is a nice commercial gym across the street that guests can use if they present a room key from the Best Western. There aren't many hotels with gyms better than that. The walls seemed a little bit thin, but this rarely bothered me even when reading in my room. (I also have noise-canceling headphones for travel, but didn't use them much. I am VERY noise sensitive when I'm trying to concentrate on work.) Noise would really only be a problem if there were people hanging out in the hallway, which there weren't. There was no noise from outside. The living room portion of my suite was a great work space, perfect for reading and studying. The furniture was not brand new, but there was a good work table and comfy couch with coffee table. I did not try the free breakfast, so can't weigh in on that. Overall, if I needed a place for another extended stay in the Raleigh area, I would come back here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
DirectorofSalesBWC, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Cary Inn - NC State, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Thank you for sharing your recent experience while staying with us here at the Best Western Cary Inn. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and were able to take advantage of all that was offered both across the street at the Lifestyle Fitness Center and by the hotel property itself. We are proud of all of the amenities that we are able to provide here, and it is always nice to hear when our guests feel the same.  Thank you again for taking the time to pass along your kind sentiments - I do hope we will have the chance to serve you again upon your next travels into to Cary, North Carolina.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I checked in and in the bathroom there were ants. The room had a musty, mildew smell. When I went to the front desk to complain, the exterminator was there and he was loudly talking about the bed bugs not being a problem and he would be able to take care of it. My coworker and I packed up my things and just left.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
nc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

This hotel stay at this Best Western was okay but nothing special. I have stayed at many other Best Western hotels that were much better. I had bad cell phone reception and my wireless computer kept having trouble.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Best Western Cary, took care of us when another "National " chain totally failed us. Allison was great she understood what we needed and she took care of it. Our room was on the 2nd floor, we delt with the steps happily. Local storms prevented us from swimming, the pool looked like we would have had fun. Slight smell in in the 2nd floor hallway, but not worth saying bad things about this hotel. Our room was very well maintained, smelled fine and the beds were comfortable. Free Wii Fi is a plus. The free breakfast was very nice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Cary Inn - NC State? Share your experiences!