“Confused Wait staff” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Cary, North Carolina
“Confused Wait staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Food is great if you can ever get the waitress to take your order and to take it right(for 4 people out of our group who said zucinni and onions they were charged carrotts, good thing the cook verifys or else we would have all been rabbits), took us over a hour for them to began to cook our food, once we had food it was as if the waitress was through with us. they did not come back to check our drinks. Once we had eaten and were ready for checks on one asked if we would like to go cups or boxes. But if you ask for a box of a to go cup it takes another 15 minutes for the waitress to get them. Once we had our checks there was confusion again on how to hand them out. Then it took over 45 minutes to bring back our cards and receipts. The waitress looked confused by a table of 13, and made herself scarse. The place is advertisted as a place to take a big party to, but 13 people are clearly to many for there wait staff to handle.
Food- the food was wonderfull, cook was very friendly and kept up a conversation with all of us. the food is the only reason to ever go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not Good AT ALL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I went for lunch with a couple of colleagues. We all LOVE hibachi - which is why this was soooo disappointing.

First, we walked in around noon (peak lunch time, wouldn't you think?) and were greeted by a guy doing woodwork and tools lying everywhere. There were MAYBE 4 people in the restaurant that day, but for some reason they felt the need to sit us at the table right beside the work being done. We sit down - all we hear are drills and hammers. We asked to be moved, they sit us at the table RIGHT BESIDE THE LAST, although there wasn't a single other table in use. The waitress wasn't very on top of things, so it wasn't really worth arguing with...

We then order off the lunch menu. A couple of us attempt to order double veggie/no rice - the waitress doesn't get it and ultimately bring us a check and try to charge us an extra $3! The food comes out, the chef is subpar at best and the food is even worse. 90% of the veggies were onions, the shrimp were tiny and the steak wasn't good. The shrimp sauce at this place is even cheap. I ordered the 'Banzai' - which I thought was the same as Kanki - but it was more expensive and DIDN'T include both soup and salad.

I ended up paying $20 for a terrible lunch (soft drinks = $2.50) that I was very unhappy with. This place seems to be struggling very badly and because of this have increased their prices and cutting corners in every way possible.

I would not go back and frankly expect the doors to be closed soon.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, Nc
“Very pleased with first time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Been to many other Japanese restaurants in the area, this one has a very nice atmosphere. The staff was very efficient and pleasant and food very good. Must say that their green tea was rather interesting, almost tasted like flowers were added. We liked it. We will definately be returning. We used a Living Social coupon and no problems with that.

Visited February 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Beware of Groupon!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

First of all, I only went to this place because I got a groupon for sushi for which I paid $20 for $40 worth of sushi. The place was a bit dated and not busy and we sat in the sushi bar area where the bartender waited on us. Ordered a couple of apps and never even got plates, even after requested? This place does buy-one-get-one sushi all the time, but turns out that the fine print on the groupon, which I apparently did not read, said it does not include daily specials. We ended up ordering 8 rolls, 2 extra after our initial order in order to get out $40 worth, since we didn't know we weren't getting buy one/get one. We got the bill and were surprised at how much it was, or course. Turns out just getting the special would have saved me more $$. Basically, the groupon is PR to get you in the door and actually spend more money...except it just makes it so I won't ever go back. Sushi was pretty good, but not great. Like other reviews say, there are plenty of other more appealing sushi options in the area.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, NC
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We ordered the Hibachi dinner for two: Ribeye steak, chicken and shrimp.

Everything was cooked in front of us. The chef was an average showman. None of the meat was seared. They may have well just steamed the meat. The Fried rice and noodle base underlying all the meat had an odd sour taste unlike most soy sauce.

I did not eat the food. I went home and cooked my own seared Ribeye on the stove and it tasted one million percent better. So I'm out $45.00 plus tax.

I will never go there again. I cook better at home drunk than those guys. I could not even eat their food it was so bad.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Kabuki? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Kabuki, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.