“We really enjoyed our lunch here today.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“We really enjoyed our lunch here today.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I met a friend for lunch, and we were both quite pleased. There's a lot of construction out front, but the restaurant is open at its usual times, so don't let anything scare you away. I was a bit chilly, so ordered a cup of coffee before we ordered our meal. The coffee was absolutely delicious, and my cup was kept filled. I ordered a cup of chili (had been told it wasn't spicy, and it wasn't) and an Asian salad, a screwy combination, but what I wanted. Both were quite good. My friend had a Southwestern salad that she seemed to enjoy as well. We both indulged in dessert. Mine was a pecan chocolate chip pie that was truly outstanding. She had a slice of apple pie with ice cream. The piecrust was particularly delicious, with enough salt in it to give it extra flavor, and a marvelous texture. Our service was quite good, and we sat and looked at family photos for a long time without feeling hurried. We were the last people to leave, and I bought some homemade pimento cheese to take home. I'll go back soon to try other sides and salads. There's a lot on the menu that looks really good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Morrisville, North Carolina
“Diamond in the Rough!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Don't let the sidewalk closing keep you from trying this restaurant. I had the beef tips, my husband had the ribeye. Just perfect. Fried green beans are a special treat. Fast and courteous service. Prices were a wonderful surprise. Wine and spirits available.
Very knowledgeable concerning food allergies. Looking forward to our next visit. I think we will try brunch next.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“A hidden gem!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I had to go to Cary and decided to try this restaurant. We were having a late lunch and I had the special of the day, a braised beef sandwich with caramelized onion. The beef was so tender and flavorful, like a french dip but with no need for the au jus. My wife had the beef vegetable soup that was "homemade" and so full of flavor it was amazing.

The service was excellent. They have a nice brew selection and my wife liked the house wine. Now we are looking for a reason to go to Cary again so we can enjoy the food here again.

Great place!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Food was good at dinner and will probably go back but another server is needed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Dinner - Ordered filet, ribeye, salmon on salad. Filet was undercooked but was corrected. Beef was very tasty; salmon was okay. Cheesecake was good. Service could be better; add another server.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NC
“Wonderful Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I've had lunch and brunch here several times in the last few months and I have to say that their Brunch is really great. They have a great verity and for me the portion size is just right. You get a little of a lot of things and it's just right. They also have some wonderful drinks if you can wait until noon. I would for sure give it a two thumbs up!!

Visited September 2013