“Sunday brunch - very good!” 4 of 5 stars

919 459-5875
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dean's Seafood Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 359 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cary Parkway
Description: Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar is Cary's home for fresh seafood and oysters. With fresh catch options changing weekly, you will always find something new to tempt your taste buds. Dean has captured the freshest seafood dining experience just for you!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Sunday brunch - very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

In celebration of a family occasion we chose Dean's Seafood and happened upon their Sunday brunch. The atmosphere, service and food are quite good, all of which made our celebration that much nicer. Brunch is buffet style and all one can eat. Typically, I have not been impressed with brunches of this type but Dean's really impressed us. The variety, quality and freshness of the food was outstanding. I don't recommend if on a restricted diet, as you will eat too much. Fresh squeezed orange juice, custom made omelets and a variety of seafood dishes will no doubt please nearly any palette.

Visited April 2014

FKL
“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I found Deans on Open Table and it is a great hidden treasure.The fish and seafood entrees are outstanding,the servers were friendly and accommodating .Cant wait to go to the Sunday brunch.If it's the way it is described sounds great.By the way,don't miss the White chocolate banana bread pudding with ice cream and Carmel

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cary, North Carolina
“Great seafood and grea atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I love Seafood and this place is great. I had Hawaiian Mako shark that was caught 24 hours earlier and I was only the 4th person to touch it (fisherman, cleaner/packer, chef were the other three). It was very fresh possibly the best I have ever had. They had great appetizers, a beautiful restaurant and the waiter Steve was very professional and helped us with our selections and made sure the four of us were taken care of. If you want great Seafood in the Triangle Area, head to Dean's.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cary, North Carolina
“$49.99 special still way too expensive for the lack lustre experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

On arrival at Dean's upon a monday evening I discover they do a special offer for two which is a soup or salad, any entrée and a bottle of wine. All sounds very good when the entrees are priced as much as $25.

The soup arrived and is was pretty good. It didn't set the world on fire, but it was ok. Then my main course and the wife's arrived. Both were just pretty average. Certainly no better than the Apex fish fry, which isn't too bad for no frills take-out. Then the bottle of wine - reasonable.

The problem here is the service, but I would go deeper and say the problem is the management or lack of it. There was no presence of anybody really taking control of the restaurant. Our server disappeared for much of the time there and we were the only table in his section. There's a point at which you don't care how cheap things are - we can afford to pay more. But if the service is that poor, then it makes you consider the rest of the experience as poor.

It's a nice building and a nice environment inside, so you feel for the investors/owners as they obviously had great intentions. I could blame the bad service on the server, but I think this is a symptom of the local management being the problem. I suggest look there as I do not think the concept is bad and it is unique for the area.

A big shame. A 50$ deal sounds great in concept, but the execution let it down to the point we will not return. I would be happy to pay 2-3 times that if it was memorable.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Poor Quality Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Calling Deans a Seafood restaurant is far from its name. In words the worst seafood I had in Cary. I was hoping for FRESH seafood. Well, I will keep looking.

• Visited February 2014