“Great Neighborhood Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

919 459-5875
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dean's Seafood Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 359 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cary Parkway
Description: Dean's Seafood Grill & Bar is Cary's home for fresh seafood and oysters. With fresh catch options changing weekly, you will always find something new to tempt your taste buds. Dean has captured the freshest seafood dining experience just for you!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Neighborhood Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The menu here has something for everyone. This is not your typical oyster bar with steamed oysters, yet the food is good. The fish is very fresh and the sides are very good. Our meal started off with 2 mistakes by the kitchen and the server and manager were on top of it. Very customer oriented and appreciated our business. Service is great as well as the food. Worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cary, North Carolina, United States
“Good food, but too expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The food was very good, but kids meals were overpriced. Not a great value for families. We've eaten there twice.

Visited August 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had the best time here Saturday night!!! I had previously eaten Easter Brunch at Dean's and it was a bit chaotic for us so I was hesitant to try it for dinner but now I am kicking myself for not going sooner!

The food was incredibly fresh and well cooked. The bread is served with a tomato sauce that I thought was strange but I could have drank it from the cup straight. It was delicious with the bread! The menu changes weekly to insure the chef is using the freshest fish he can. I had Blue Point oysters (YUM!) and fish tacos and my husband had salmon. My husband ordered the salmon medium and it was cooked perfectly! Again, everthing just tasted so light and fresh. The salsa, the cucumber and tomato salad, the corn and black bean salad...all delicious!

Our server Chris was a treat! He was friendly and informative with the menu as well as the drinks. I had two drinks off of the drink menu and both were yummy, yummy, yummy! I love a fun drink menu!

I am so excited I gave Dean's another try. It is right around the corner and we will be there often! Keep up the good work!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wendell, North Carolina
“Fresh seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

A wonderful selection of fresh seafood that isn't fried! The specials change weekly. I had the Opah from Hawaii and it was delicious. A good range of accompaniments and sides. The house dessert is worth the 20 minute prep time, but it is big so plan to share! I will be back to sample more of their fish selections. Yummy!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Seafood and More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed the mouth-watering Corvina Sea Bass. It was grilled to perfections, with a delicious smoky flavor. The table bread was served with a scrumptious dip. I was tempted to make a meal of it, but my family reminded me that I needed to save room for dessert. Other than a freshly peeled banana or banana's foster, I'm not usually a fan of banana desserts. When I saw the presentation headed to a fellow diner's table I couldn't resist the banana bread pudding. It was fantastic, especially with the delicious sauce and scoop of ice cream!

• Visited July 2013