“Great Mac” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Mac”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We went to this place a couple months ago but they were out of power so we didn't eat anything. We decided to try it again a few nights ago. The atmosphere is nice, like a nice pub/bar.
We split the smoked chicken club and shrimp Mac n cheese. They were both terrific. The chicken was very tender, shrimp in Mac n cheese was crazy good. Who would have thought?!?!
The service wasn't bad, could be a bit better, but overall we would go back.

Visited January 2014

71% Recommend
Cary, NC
“Mac and Cheese!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a great place to go watch a game or just meet with friends. What makes it even better is their award winning Mac and Cheese! They have some standards that stay on the menu, although I think they change their menu a few times a year, you can't go wrong with any of them. They also have the Mac and Cheese of the month. These are always interesting and very good!

Spirits always seems to have a good selection of beer on drought and run weekly specials. The service is good and the staff are friendly. This place is definitely worth checking out if you haven't been here before!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cary, North Carolina
“GNO”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Convenient to after work cocktails with the gal pals, greatv outdoor patio...love their mac & cheese & beer selections. But even domestic beer in bottles sort of pricey.

Visited September 2013
“Never again!!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

It ticks me off when I order an item from the menu and half of it is missing! Then I tell my waitress that its missing and she says I'm sorry and still charges me FULL price!!! Not Good!!!! This place used to be the best place in Cary !! Not anymore, go somewhere else.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Loxley, Alabama
“Good food, but the portions are a little small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our server was great -- he was funny, personable and helpful. I really wanted to try the macaroni and cheese, based on a review I read, but when the server told me the portion size, I decided against it. Macaroni and cheese, even made with bacon and onions, is very inexpensive to make. The restaurant portion looked like a side item, not a main dish, especially for $10. I got the steak salad -- which was delicious -- but desperately needed bread, rolls or crackers with it. One son had the buffalo chicken sandwich with potato wedgies and he was still hungry after he ate. My other son and husband both had various burgers and potato wedgies that they enjoyed and that was enough food for them. Overall, it was a great experience.

Visited June 2013