“What a pleasant surprise to have quality food in a pub!?!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 359 Restaurants in Cary
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: To Our Patrons,We created this relaxing and fun neighborhood Irish pub in Cary for you as a place to meet to bring your friends and family, meet new friends and get to know our family at Doherty's! Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your time with us more enjoyable! Enjoy your favorite pint from one of the ​19 draughts on tap and some Irish - American fare from our menu prepared daily using only fresh ingredients by Chef Irais and his team. We also have a kid's menu for the little ones!​We are open for lunch, dinner, late night and serve a Sunday brunch. Our pub has 7 HD TV's with multiple sports packages for you and your friends to enjoy your favorite team games! We also have live music 3 nights per week, patio dining, drink specials and free WiFi. The "Whiskey Room" is our private dining room that can be reserved Monday - Thursday by phone. We hope to see you soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“What a pleasant surprise to have quality food in a pub!?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went in for a regular lunch with my girl friends .. Gosh was the food delicious! everything is freshly prepared and tasted great! I was there with my hubby for brunch a couple of Saturday ago and it was a very nice surprise so I came back with co-workers this time. Same quality control on the freshness and tasted great. We ordered the scallop burger, corn beef and various different kinds of boxties, I had the Shepherd's pie. What a treat.. we ate off each other's plate to try all the different stuff. Honestly, all of them tasted awesome. Normally, I'd order a nice beer but couldn't because we had to go back to work :-(

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cary, North Carolina
“Love their salmon salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have been visiting Doherty's since they first opened and always had a good experience. The manager is constantly patrolling the floor, greeting customers and checking in with diners. The bar is a nice place to get a drink and relax with friends. The food has always been good, better than most pubs in this area. The menu items are interesting, and the ones I have tried have all been prepared fresh and met my "foodie" standards. I particularly enjoy the dill salmon salad and the fish fry which is probably the best I have had in the triangle area. Service is always impeccable and any issues have been dealt with in a timely manner to our satisfaction. I have not tried their mixed drinks. Their desserts have been very good. They throw awesome parties in the parking lot, especially on St. Pattys day! This is one of our standard restaurants we have on our list of known good places to eat. Definitely recommend this place.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North, South Carolina
“Great apps and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Irish egg rolls are new to us, but tasty Rueben-like and deep fried, they're delicious. Paired with Smithwick's draft and Magners cider they make a meal. We added spinach artichoke dip and were all set! Service by Travis was very good - a fine Irish experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NC
“Ambitious and well-executed menu for a pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We expected good things based on several review sources, but Doherty's far exceeded our expectations. The salad dressings are made on site and provide an interesting and improved take on what you might expect - the blue cheese was very flavorful but not heavy. We had the fish and chips and the salmon BLT (without the bacon) and both were excellent. I don't know how we found room for dessert, but the chocolate mousse was awesome. Our server was attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is really nice with a choice of bar, bar tabletop and dining room/booth seating. The only "less than perfect" part of our experience was that there is a terrible draft at the booth closest to the dining room entrance. We had to keep our jackets over our shoulders but someone did turn the heat up during our meal. Even though this is a little bit of a drive for us, we look forward to going again and exploring their menu further.

new york
“Great food and entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Went here on a Saturday night for a late bite with five of my girlfriends. The place was packed but we were able to get a very large booth and were seated right away. We were informed that they would be serving from the bar menu only. No problem there as there was an ample amount to choose from for every taste.

All of us ordered drinks ranging from wine to beer to martinis. Everyone enjoyed their beverages. The consensus around the table was that the food was very good. I enjoyed a grilled chicken smothered in buffalo sauce with a side of their delicious homemade chips. The girls ordered brisket sandwiches, a burger, an order of spinach artichoke dip and chocolate mousse. Everyone enjoyed what they had.

They had a band playing (The Flatliners) who were excellent! The music, however, as expected was extremely loud making it a bit difficult to communicate with our server. A little tip here - I thought pretty quickly and pulled out my sticky pad and a pen and had everyone write down their orders to pass to the server when it came time to take each person's order. She was very happy about this and the order was taken very quickly and the food came out quickly, hot and fresh.

The atmosphere here was terrific from the lighting to the decor to the patrons. It was a bit difficult to find on the GPS because it's tucked away in a strip mall as some others have posted and at first, my GPS had me circling the lot across the street.

I would definitely recommend going here for a romantic night out or on a night out on the town with your friends. If you go on a Saturday after 10:00 p.m. though, don't expect to do much talking unless the band takes a break!

There is outside seating and plenty of parking.

We will definitely be returning.

• 4 of 5 stars Food