“Our Favorite Restaurant in the Triangle” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Japanese/Korean restaurant
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Our Favorite Restaurant in the Triangle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We love Maru! The food is delicious and artfully presented. We have eaten here over a dozen times and have been very happy with the food, service, and decor each time. Tonight we both had the house salad which is made of a spring mix, quinoa, lentil, roasted corn, tomato, sunflower seeds, and a ginger dressing. The combinations of the various ingredients with the dressing make everything taste so good! My husband and I also shared the Korean BBQ Special which includes beef, pork, and short ribs served on a stone pot with vegetables, lettuce and rice on the side. Very tasty! We feel we get a good value for our money at Maru. We will return again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Apex, NC
“Lovely decor, delicious food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

They have a lovely decor, great service and delicious food.
It was our first time there and I had the Pad Thai and my husband had a Thai chicken and rice dish. Both were excellent. The food was presented in a beautiful way as well. They have an extensive sushi menu which he plans to try on another visit there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cary, North Carolina
“Excellant Menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are always looking for good local restaurants and this is definitely one of them! The menu is fun and unique. Staff is friendly and very attentive. Excellent experience. You have to try it!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sebastian
“You have to try it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went here for dinner when I was staying in the area. It is a newer place. The service was nice, prompt, polite and helpful. They suggested the bibimbap, and since I had never had it I tried it. Also got a few sushi rolls. Sushi was done quick and was good, they gave me a salad before the meal and then the meal. As a first time bibimbap eater - I can say I will be going back for more.....

Visited March 2013
Raleigh, NC
“ignored”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I so wanted to love this place. Read great things about Maru and couldn't wait to try it out with my foodie friend. I arrived at the designated time and was seated by the host (manager perhaps?). My friend was 10 minutes late. In that 10 minutes, the waiter (it appeared there was only 1 that night) never even glanced my way. He continued to wait on all of the tables around me but never approached me. Is it that he was waiting for my friend to arrive in order to greet us jointly? Once my friend arrived, we waited another 10 minutes. During that time the waiter never acknowledged us or approached the table. Abysmal! At this point we gave up. As we left, the host/manager was near the front host stand (albeit it on the phone), but never acknowledged us as we left. I’ve never been treated so poorly in a restaurant. They already have their work cut out for them in this previously doomed location, so you’d think they’d go above and beyond as far as food and service go. The service (or lack thereof) was horrendous; unfortunately we’ll never know about the food! So disappointing.

• Visited April 2013