“Very good Thai food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Very good Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I happened upon the Tom Yum Thai restaurant while driving through Cary. I decided to give it a try over a fast food restaurant, which was a very wise choice. The outside of the building is unassuming which might turn away some people. However once you walk inside you'll find a warm environment. The decorations were simple and added to the ambiance.

The restaurant is fairly large and can accommodate large groups. It was a Sunday evening, so I was only a few people inside. The menu is large with various curry and traditional Thai dishes. They also have a wine list and various beers. I tried the Pineapple Fried Rice which included egg, shrimp, chicken and pineapple of course. The presentation was nice, but the quality of food was excellent.

The waitresses were very nice and helpful. They refilled my iced tea even before I had to ask. With the staff and food, this was definitely one of the better dining experiences I've had in North Carolina. I would definitely recommend Tom Yum when in Cary and Raleigh International Airport.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, NC
“Good Food, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I eat here only occasionally because it's not as convenient a location for me personally as some other local Thai restaurants. The food is very good and the lunch specials are a really good value.

My only complaint is the the flavors are not as bold as some of the other Thai restaurants in the area. Still, I will continue to eat here on a regular basis. The atmosphere is nice.

Like: Pad Woon Sen, Ginger Shreds, Curry

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, NC
“Very good Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I eat here about once per week. She loves their Red Curry Chicken and I really like their Pad Thai.
The atmosphere is very nice and inviting. The manager/owner likes to come visit your table to see how you liked it.

Visited January 2013
Apex, North Carolina
“Nice place with good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Went here today for lunch with a friend. We walked in and were seated in a booth. The atmosphere of the restaurant was nice and classy. Even though the outside is nothing special, the inside has a good feel to it. There were not a lot of people in it for it being noon on a Friday, which was nice.

We both ordered the pad thai with chicken. The lunch special comes with either the soup of the day or a salad and they both include iced tea. My friend got the soup of the day - chicken noodle soup - and said it was good and tasted homemade. I got the salad; it was nothing fancy, just lettuce and a tomato slice topped with a generous amount of dressing...maybe a little too much? Our food came out before we were even done with our soup/salad! It was so fast! The pad thai was good. Not out of this world or anything, but a good, basic pad thai. It wasn't spicy and had a good ratio of chicken to noodles. The serving side was not too little, but not too much. Just enough to fill you up, but not stuff you.

My only complaint would be that my water was only filled up once, right before we left. And after we were given our food no one came to check on us, and we were sitting there waiting for a while before someone came by to ask if we wanted our check. But besides that, it was a nice experience. Ten dollars for a small salad, an entree and a drink - not too shabby!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cary, North Carolina
“Great Serivce and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went here for dinner and lunch. Liked the lunch special with drink and soup or salad. Loved the won ton soup. Pad Thai was good and plenty of it. Green tea was in a large cup and was refilled. Nice ambiance with relaxing music. Food was served quickly for lunch.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Tom Yum Thai? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tom Yum Thai, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.