“What a disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Dessert
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I found this little cafe while in Cary, NC. I am always on the hunt for really good dessert, being a Pastry Chef for 13 years will do that to you. I have to say I was far from impressed with what we ordered. The desserts in the display did not look overly fresh, so I wasn't sure what to expect. My youngest had the chocolate mousse in a chocolate cup, that was good. Thankfully the girl gave a fresh one. I had the lemon mousse torte, the mousse was okay but the crust had a funny taste. Clearly there was something in it but it was not clear what it was. The lemon glaze on top tasted a little old. The cherry cupcake my husband had was absolutely disgusting. The frosting was made with shortening and that is all it tasted like. The entire presentation needs some serious work. I would encourage others who are looking for a good sweet treat, find another place, this is not it.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great little bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Just discovered Sugar Buzz yesterday on a trip to Meat House. What a nice surprise. Warmly welcomed upon entering and confronted with a great selection of cakes, pies, tarts, cupcakes and pastries. Everything looked absolutely delicious. Kids chose Chocolate Diner Cake ( a dense chocolate cake with chocolate fudgy frosting ) and a chocolate mousse cup. Adults had lemon bar and lemon mousse tart. All were fantastic - the lemon mousse tart in particular. I understand they do light lunch fare as well. We'll certainly return. Highly recommended.