“Ok........” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Cary
Portsmouth, Ohio
“Ok........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked through Hotels.com, just needed a night stay. The hotel room was fine, just for the night. Our room was clean, newly redecorated, and nice size. Really can't complain at all. Bed was very comfortable, slept great. I do agree it would be so much better if the room had a coffee maker, hair dryer, and small fridge in the room. Really could have used them for that stay. No problem with the staff, the Lady working in the evening when we checked in was courteous, not overly friendly, but ok. The gentleman working in the morning at check out was very friendly. Only in there for a minute, but he was nice. Another complaint was the walls are very thin. I was concerned that we would have a problem sleeping because we could hear the man in the room next door on the phone all evening, thank goodness it was a business call, and nothing too personal. When he finished his calls, everything was quite, great sleep, no complaints. Also, the outside of the back building was littered with some trash that was laying around, made the property look unkept. There were also quite a few men outside sitting outside of the hotel entrance door (back building) around a fire, drinking beer. My husband said they were probably construction workers, extended stay. They didn't do anything wrong, just a little intimidating to me, and as a women, I would not have went to my car to get anything, or went anywhere by myself. Overall, I would stay there again, I am a picky reviewer, don't have to have the Hilton, but cleanliness is a must ! Not bad at all for the money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I came here last month for a romantic evening, but came again this month out of necessity. Ariel was very kind and helpful. Even gave us (my mother, aunt and I) a couple of resources to try to help us as we have recently became homeless.

Tressa who was working the evening shift was also very kind and polite. Will always be a repeat customer and will ALWAYS refer my friends and family here!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

There is no coffee maker, no microwave, and no refrigerator in the room. This is an "ice bucket" motel, plain and simple. I was used to staying in extended stay type motels thru priceline's express deals for $25 per night. I expected at least something in the room for $30 per night at the Red Roof Inn. I had to go out and buy my own refrigerator, microwave, hot plate, and coffee maker for the 3 weeks that I stayed there. On the upside, there is HBO.

Also, this is the place where I learned to connect my Xbox live to the motel's free wi-fi, by using the same MAC address as my laptop. So, it was not an unpleasant stay, just a spartan one. I suggest doing your homework and calling before booking any motel.

Room Tip: Building two on the far side faces the woods and is very quiet, like a bunker.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Elizabethtown, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I booked this room this past weekend on the spur of the moment. When we checked in, the gentleman at the desk was short in his responces, he was rude and never once made eye contact. The room was of good size but echoed loudly since there was nothing on the walls. The shower curtain was filthy and there was hair in the shower drain. Went to the desk on sunday morning and requested a plastic fork, the same rude clerk smarted off in his responce. I went upstairs and packed and left...I had had enough. Housekeeping hung out in the lobby and let their kids run up and down the halls, and only allowed us two towels, and washclothes were so rough they left my skin irritated. As a person who works in the hotel industry I found this property to be lacking basic levels of manners, cleanliness, and basic amenities.

Room Tip: My tip would be to plan in advance and hopefully find a more pleasant hotel. There are several in th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

i stayed in a room on the bottom floor which i did request however it would have been nice if they had told me in advance that the room was pet friendly the entire downstairs smelled llike dog to me not a fan of doggy smell

Room Tip: get the dog smell out or don't rent those rooms to people who do not have pets
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Ontario, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed at the Red Roof for 3 nights last weekend. THe hotel was decent. Clean but signs of aging in some areas. Very convenient to restaurants and shopping. I do have to give acknowledgement to the front desk attendant Stephan. He really went out of his way to obtain a specific room type that I needed. Thank you Stephan!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Kure Beach, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband picked this hotel, because it was cheap..and we got worse than what we paid for. The tub was so permanently stained, it looked like someone had used it instead of the toilet. The room in general was dirty, and the hallway smelled terrible; but the worst part was the stained sheets. Obviously two or more people had sex on the bed, then the bed was made without changing the linens. I'm still sick, just thinking about it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
I'm very sorry for the issues. I'd like more information so that I can investigate the matter in more detail, so that we can ensure that we don't have such occurrences in the future. Feel free to contact me at (919)469-3400.

Jeff Horne

Been to Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary? Share your experiences!