“Another great Red Roof” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States
“Another great Red Roof”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Another great stay only small neg was no ref but @ the rate of 50 just what & all we needed. Very clean great beds. Have stayed @ a lot of Red Roofs never been disappointed. Close to NCState great for staying after a ballgame which we did

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Raleigh Southwest Cary Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed there because we needed a cheap place to stay due to the Clemson Tigers being in town to face the NC State Wolfpack. The hallways were dirty and there was food left outside a room to be picked up and it was still there the next day. The vending machines and ice machines were not on every floor and not all of them were working. I would not recommend using the stairs as it smelled terrible! The bathroom light made struggled to turn on, but the shower pressure was great. The faux wood floors made the room seem cold, but I can appreciate that they are trying to make it a nice room. A safe was in the room as well. Didn't use the desk at all either. The bed was hard, but we slept really well. Pretty quiet except for the other hotel doors slamming shut. Not out of anger or anything, just the doors seem to be out of whack. The elevator was a little sketchy. Overall, for what we needed it for, a place to sleep from midnight to 7am, it was good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

Lehigh Acres, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

It was a real experience to stay there. Very nice big rooms, all newly renovated. Nice big tv.
And a very friendly staff, especially Mary, if I remember right - the Lady from Kenia. I would always recommend that Hotel - and really value for money. Paid around $50 what's absolutely ok. I am only missing the breakfast at the Red Roof Hotels as well a pool would have been top. Cause it was really hot when I was there and a jump into the water would have been the top of top.But otherwise 100%

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay.

Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn this past July. I've been a customer of red roof inn before and I've only had one sketchy experience. I will say that this red roof inn was great. It was quiet. I felt pretty good staying there. It is very close to stores, gas stations, malls, and etc. My boyfriend drives a semi truck and he was able to find parking there.
I had a small issue with being charged for the safe, but within a couple of days the money was refunded back to me.
The beds are comfy. The bathroom was a little worn but when there are tons and tons of travelers using them I wasn't expecting golden faucets. There was an odd smell on the first floor's stairwell. The odds and ends of people's trash were there as well. Only was there one day that we came back down the stairs to still see the same trash there. The hallways were quiet. Even when the maids were cleaning the rooms I could hear very muffled sounds. That isn't to say they were talking loudly. They were quite quiet. I only knew they were cleaning because I'd leave my room and see them in the hallways. Other than that it was quiet. I can not stress how important that a quiet stay is for me. The front desk people were always very friendly too.
My wants and needs are different from others, but I will stay here again.
I loved my stay and my boyfriend did too!

Room Tip: If you're worried about seeing your car from the parking lot just request it. The desk clerks ar...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Raleigh Southwest Cary Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.
North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I travel solo a couple times a year & stay at budget hotels, so I thought I knew what to expect with my stay. I'd stayed at another Red Roof Inn before and was pleasantly surprised with the room. At the Cary location, the hallway to my room had a bad odor,like a hold your breath & run to your room bad, but as long as the room didn't smell that way, it was tolerable. The room itself did have an odor, but spraying my perfume multiple times helped. The bed was clean (other than a dark stain on the end of the comforter), and comfortable. There were spider webs all throughout the room, including a large one in the corner by the A/C unit. Heck, one was being formed from one of the pillows to the lamp at the beside overnight. Not something you want to wake up to! The outside of the tub was pretty dirty, too, with what I hope was mud. The plug for the tub didn't stay up on it's own & I had to prop it up in order to drain. Water pressure was terrible (showered early evening), but fortunately the water stayed warm the entire time I was showering.

My biggest complaint is the fact I stepped on a shard of glass in my room near the work station. I had noticed it wasn't clean under the desk, but this was in the middle of the room as I changed into my pajamas. I'd already been in the room for hours & after I changed, I was walking to the work station when I felt a sharp pain in my foot. I sat down to see what it was & there was glass sticking out of my foot! I pulled the glass out & the blood poured. I had a band-aid in my purse, so I cleaned the wound & put on the band-aid. After a half an hour, my foot was starting to swell, so I went to the front desk to see if they had anything for me. I was told they didn't have a first aid kit at all (later found out there is one, but for employees only). The man working the desk told me I could go to a gas station & buy antibiotic ointment. At midnight. Alone. The next morning at check-out, the room was discounted by $15 and I was given an apology. A week later, my foot was still swollen and sore. I eventually did hear from a manager, he was the the one who told me the kit was for employees only. All he did was barely offer an I'm sorry.

A hotel should have a first aid kit at the front desk for guests when something happens. An evening that had been so exciting and memorable turned memorable for all the wrong reasons due to lax housecleaning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Raleigh Southwest Cary Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The lower price for a basic clean room attracted us - we are there just to sleep, shower and leave in the morning. It is off a very quiet exit and backs up to a wooded area. The location was convenient for NCSU. There are two buildings, the main one where you check in and a separate one. We stayed in the separate one and it seemed older and not as secure. You just walk in - no need for your key to access, and no front desk.We are used to seeing a little more secure doors at hotels. The room had a super comfortable bed and was able to totally darken which made for a great night's sleep. Bare bones basic - no coffee pot, no hair dryer, only two towels for two people. There are few electrical outlets - none by my bedside and none by the dresser. I had to charge my phone near the hall entrance and put it on the floor to keep it near my side of the bed. Wifi was fine and we did not visit the breakfast area in the main hotel building.We might come back, but then again we might stay somewhere just a tad nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building, and the back side of it which is devoid of outside lights, so your room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

We have recently added electrical convenience outlets to all our rooms by the bedside and the door you mentioned was repaired.

Thank you again for responding and we look forward to you staying with us again.
Independence, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had read some bad press and reviews but took a chance due to location. The standard room was larger than expected and very clean. Great value. Not many ammenities but for price point, none were expected. As other reviews noted, some upgrades and some older fixtuures but very clean. Midweek stay was very quiet.

• Stayed August 2013

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Been to Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary? Share your experiences!