“Low rates, a friendly staff and remodeled rooms with flat screen TVs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary

You added Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Walnut Street, Cary, NC 27511-9200   |
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Asheville, North Carolina
“Low rates, a friendly staff and remodeled rooms with flat screen TVs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

when I come to the Raleigh area, I don't bother to look
elsewhere, since their rates are so reasonable and the
rooms are always very clean.

The rooms have been upgraded to include flat screen
TVs, and now I can use the HDMI port on the TV and
use it as my computer monitor.

The rooms smell pleasant as well.

There are plenty of restaurants and shopping
close to the motel.

Room Tip: The business king room is only a few dollars more than the room with two beds, and it has a work st...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The outside of the motel looks better than the inside.
I had to wait awhile for my room to be ready.
The motel description says it's "renovated" but there are cosmetic upgrades only, new bed (comfortable) and television. Everything else is showing it's age.
The towels and linens seemed clean and fresh but the floor could have been cleaner according to my white socks.
My laptop and phone cord connections kept falling out of the dated outlets.
There was the occasional chirp from the room's smoke detector throughout the night.
the bathroom sink stopped up but I got it free with plastic cup suction. (-:
Lots of noise from the floor overhead. Laminate flooring doesn't muffle noise like carpeting so a noisy neighbor can be annoying even with the HVAC unit and bathroom fan running.
There's no breakfast, continental or otherwise, just coffee.
It's convenient to Cary but around 9 miles to downtown Raleigh.
I probably wouldn't stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We will certainly use them as we continue to make more improvements to the hotel.
Four Oaks, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here to attend a St. Patrick's get together at a local place (2.5 miles down Walnut St) called Mac's Tavern. Room had two doubles and was clean. It had a large flat screen with plenty of channels. When checking in, the attendant was pointed; helpful. This hotel has two separate buildings. We were placed in the separate unit from the check-in building. Check-In guy called a taxi for to get us to Mac's Tavern.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the response. We hope to have you back again soon!
Sevilla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This RRI was recently renovated and is in great shape. New pergo floors in lieu of the usual carpeting are nice. We paid under $40 and pets stay free. The only downside was that the hot water was intermitant in the shower. Based on the price and current condition, this RRI merits 4* relative to the competition. Hopefully it will be well maintained.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your response and I'm glad that you liked the new design of our rooms! I'm sorry to hear about the shower issue. I'd like more details concerning the date and room number during your stay to ensure that this has been corrected. It's good to hear that you had a positive reaction to the new rooms and we look forward to having you visit us again.
Marshville, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Semi-redone rooms... Same furniture...different flooring....same curtains.... So some improvement but NOT like I have seen @ other properties as they have been re-done. ALSO...on my stay on 2/20-21/13. .. (2 nights) I had reservations no problem, check in was a little long since I was the only person in the lobby... Very courteous BUT sent me 2 a room that had not been serviced (after calling & asking someone to ask if it was clean----go figure) checked in about 3 p.m. (+\- a few minutes).

All is well.... TILL the next evening, I return to my room & it had not been serviced... I see the maid in the hallway & ask why... She tells me is going home ( b-t-w it's abut 5:30 (ish). I do get towels,etc for my room & then go to the front desk to register my complaint... Response was I'll put on the managers ... She does offer 2 switch my room.... Meaning I have to move myself...all because they did NOT their job... OR...she could get my room serviced (in some undetermined amount of time. Now, I have worked all day & have work to do for the evening (self-employed). I willing decline both offers.

the next morning I approach the manager & his ONLY response is "well, that's all we can (could) do" move you or service the room with you in there". I have stayed w/ RRI chain for over 20 years & probably have 2500+ nights w/ them. And the manager's only response was to inconvenience me.... Move me to another room. Or, cause me to work later into the evening.. I simply ask him if there was anything he could do as a credit to my bill.... Pls refer to above.... NO! Was his answer

What does everyone else think? Was I out of line? Or should RRI Cary,NC have made a loyal customer happy by simply issuing a $10 credit to my bill?

PLEASE respond I am curious

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and I see your perspective. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide superior service to every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Cary Red Roof Inn during the holidays as we visited relatives. We stayed in a new room and the beds were comfortable! In addition, the rooms were clean and the flat screen television was a great bonus! The hotel is within walking distance of H.H Gregg and Lowes, so we were able to do some last minute shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a smoke free room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond and it's nice to hear that you enjoyed the new room. You'll be glad to hear that our rooms are now 100% smoke free. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The location is perfect for the Cary area and convenient to Raleigh. I have always found the rooms to be clean and they are currently renovating. I had a chance to stay in one of the new rooms, BIG improvement. I look forward to seeing all the rooms completed soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
i0247, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Been to Red Roof Inn Raleigh Southwest - Cary? Share your experiences!