“Absolutely horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Cary
“Absolutely horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

When my wife and I checked in at 6:45pm we were told the room wasnt ready and we had to wait 45 min.When we finally got to the room the jacuzzi didnt work the floor was drenched from a leak and there was a musty smell. We notified the front desk and went to dinner. After dinner we returned to find our room open and unlocked from where housekeeping did not lock it back. Horrible place

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Lee H,
We want to sincerely apologize for your experience, this is not typical of our service. We are very much sorry for the wait on check in and the overall guest room conditions. We will make sure that we have repaired all damages to the bath and check into the smell.
Furthermore, I would like to apologize for the lack of security you felt when you returned. We have spoken with the housekeeping staff and told them about the risk that they run when not double checking doors and locks. Please know that we will make every effort to improve on this and if there is anything else we can do, please feel free to contact the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Jacksonville, NC, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times when our boys participate in swim meets at the nearby Triangle Aquatic Center. While the hotel is a bit dated, we have always enjoyed staying there as the rooms have always been clean and comfortable. Also having the free breakfast and more importantly, the ability to have a "half-day" on the last day of the meet was a big plus in selecting a hotel. It is important for our boys to have a power-nap after the morning preliminaries to rest up for the big final session at the swim meet in the evening.

Recently, the hotel discontinued the free breakfast, and now with new management they have also discontinued the policy of allowing half-days at the end of your reservation for half the fee of a full day. I was not even allowed a late checkout, resulting in needing to book an entire day, but only used the room for several hours. This was very disappointing as we have now found out that other swim families from (not IHG members) were offered late checkout without having to ask for it.

We have several rooms booked for another upcoming swim meet at this site, but are considering other local hotels that DO offer late checkout and/or half day rates.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Chrissy B, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We apologize for the encounters you had during your stay and we assure you that the new management company is not wanting to make changes that upset the guests. With the transition, we did have some new faces, but assure you that we have implemented several programs to train them on the importance of guest service and IHG Rewards members. We hope that we are able to show our new service culture on your next stay with us.
Tobaccoville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We had confirmed reservations for a King Jacuzzi. Check in was 4pm. We arrived at 4:23. Our room was no longer available! Many excuses followed...all untrue before we finally found out it was given to someone at 3:15!!! The lady even said at one point " if we had been a little earlier". We were oferred a free room but choose not to stay where someone could so easily lie to us. This was a special night out for our Anniversary that sadly was ruined! I thought a confirmation number meant things were confirmed but I guess not here! They did tried to charge us $10.00 comp fee for the free room! It will be a long long time before we ever consider Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed February 2014
Chrissy B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Gail0208,
I am very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with your reservation. There is absolutely no excuse for our mistake and this trip should have been more upbeat and enjoyable than we have made it. With this trip being so important, we would like to see if we can make it up to you. The confirmation does mean something and we should have better planned for your arrival. Please accept my sincere apology and know that we are very much wanting to change your mind about the overnight experience you had. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to re-create your Anniversary and give you a more positive memory.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I hadn't planned on staying in Cary but I'm glad I did! And I'm glad I shopped around too - the Hilton next door was trying to charge $50 more (and judging solely by the lobby it isn't worth the upcharge...) anyway, I ended up at the Holiday Inn and couldn't have been happier. The parking lot wasn't too crowded when I walked in and Bryce at the front desk was very helpful. He got me into a suite for less than the Hilton was asking for a regular room so I couldn't complain! I told him I was hungry so he let me know who would deliver that late and what was in the area. My room was nice, clean, and bed d

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
CaryHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear RyanB

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am beyond elated to hear that your stay was most enjoyable. A few of the principles that serves as a foundation for us are: Quality, Value and Customer Service; we're glad that you were able to experience all three. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to acknowledge our employees who go above and beyond to create a memorable experience. We will make sure Bryce receives your kind words.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with work for 20 days this month. Will be going back so here are some points which are good and some where improvement is required:

- Dinner is so much better than the usual Holiday Inn Fayre, However serve on warm plates and it will be even better
- Breakfast is good with plenty of choice but whilst staff were very friendly and welcoming, I regularly did not receive coffee as it was overlooked
- No recognition as a priority club member was received until I questioned this. No platinum room upgrade was offered.
- The aircon, shower and other room equipment works which is rare within the Holiday Inn chain.
- Room was good (bed very comfy) but quite dark. Given the building layout I'm not sure there is much that can be done about this)

The hotel has the feel of a Holiday Inn Express which is no bad thing. it seems to be busy at weekends so beware of unruly children and high noise levels. Location is within walking distance of numerous shops and restaurants.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear AJO_UK,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We appreciate your checklist and will be sure to bring all of your bullet items to the attention of our hotel staff. We take pride in making our guests feel like they are home away from home; and I am sure that after being here 20 days, you appreciated our efforts.

If there is anything we can do to prepare for your next stay, please do not hesitate to call ahead and leave your request for the Manager on Duty.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I was on a business trip and stayed in your hotel for the time I was here in Raleigh, everything was just great and I was close to everything I needed. The staff did an outstanding job with helping me out with everything I needed, I think the gentleman name was Tez that helped me out. Thank you again.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Newday2407,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am beyond elated to hear that you had, "The best stay ever!" When we built this hotel, we took a great deal of consideration to ensure that our guests would have an enhanced experience with the close proximity of shopping and activities.

Customer service is our top priority and the feedback we receive from our valued guests, enables us to acknowledge our employees who go above and beyond to create a memorable experience.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I never stayed at a holiday Inn hotels. I typically stay at Hilton hotels for work. I had a bit of issue with the hotel I was staying at. I contacted the holiday inn and the gentleman Tez that answered the phone was work and friendly. I explained to him my situation. He gave me a very comfortable rate of $134.99 with bk. I came over right away...Very nice hotel, service was outstanding! My highlight was chef Juan very nice and outgoing personality. Overall I am very impressed with the Holiday inn. I will return back soon!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CaryHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Sheila D,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. I am beyond elated to hear that your stay was most enjoyable. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to acknowledge our employees who go above and beyond to create a memorable experience.

Shantez Battle, AGM

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Raleigh - Cary? Share your experiences!