“A Nice Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Description: Greek & Lebanese
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“A Nice Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

You know those coupon books we get every year? Yeah, the one someone either gives you or you buy from a co-worker's child as part of a fund-raiser. I always like having them, but sometimes that gift (or purchase) yields a great treat later when you find a new restaurant to enjoy.

This was the case with Jasmin last Friday night. My family was headed out to grab a quick bite and do a little shopping in Cary and we were too late to get into any of our favorite places without dealing with a Friday night line. I flipped through my coupon book, saw the coupon for Jasmin and we headed over.

I was surprised to see that the restaurant was not in the old building that I remembered driving by in the past, but had built a new one! Everything was very, very clean (health grade of 100.00% - very nice) and it was attractive too! My almost one year old grandson was fascinated with the hanging lanterns, colorful artwork, and decorative gates, etc. that were on the walls there.

The food was good and appealed to everyone in our party - even the one year old and his mother, who is in the midst of the food aversion stage of her relatively new pregnancy. The hummus was very good, the falafel was wonderful, and my chicken had a nice flavor that I have been thinking about ever since! I didn't try the gyro meat, but my husband & son said it was very good, too. The best thing on the table, though, was the pita bread! It was a totally different texture than most pita bread I have ever tasted before and it was a hit with everyone - especially my grandson.

Short line, quick service, clean & attractive restaurant, and delicious food - all add up to a welcome new addition to our Cary restaurant favorites.

All that, and with a coupon, too!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cary, North Carolina
“Great Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

This place is as greek as they come, food was amazingly good, cooked fresh and not frozen! Gyro meat cooking on the spit, not frozen! Chicken was amazing!! Everything is chopped up and made fresh daily, falafel was great, sauces were homemade all of them!!!!
Restaurant was spotless you could eat off the floor!!!! Staff were very friendly and very attentive to customers needs and questions!!!

Visited July 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We enjoyed our meal here, very fresh and well prepared. Even though we were using a coupon, the staff made sure we were completely satisfied with our dinner. Wish it were closer to home and we would eat there more often.

Visited January 2014
“How sad, nothing like it was when it started”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Used to be really good in value, quality and quantity. I had the Greek salad with gyro meat almost every week. Since they opened the new fancy store next door in Cary, the portion of gyro meat has shrunk repeatedly, until my last visit it was a few crumbles. The feta cheese was tasty and plentiful, now barely a faint powder. They even are leaving off the calamata olives. What makes a Greek salad, with no olives and barely any feta? $10 for a salad should provide a meal size portion of protein, not a plate of lettuce garnished with a few crumbles of meat and a faint dusting of cheese.
Such a disapointment.

Cary, North Carolina
“Consistently our favorite Mediterranean "fast food" restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We love this restaurant! Granted, we don't know what true Mediterranean food is supposed to taste like, so I can't compare it to the real thing. The shawarma chicken is very tasty, as is the beef and lamb gyros. My son has tried the zaki, panini and pitas (all chicken) and loves them equally. Occasionally, the Greek salad needs a little more salad dressing. We like the hummus better than most places we've tried. I'm not a fan of grape leaves and my husband wasn't wild about the kabob, but other than that, we've liked everything we've eaten there. My preference is the Jasmin platter with 2 sides.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Jasmin? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Jasmin, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.