“Complete Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte
“Complete Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

On a conference stay, I found the hotel able to handle all needs. The friendliness of the staff was exceptional and having breakfast in the open space looking into water where koi were playing was memorable.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Tom M: Thank you and your group for choosing our hotel for your conference. I am delighted that you enjoyed the stay. Our Koi Fish pond is a favorite feature for many of our guests. It is relaxing and beautiful just to watch them. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Russ Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Slow checkin, unattentive staff, poor quality food in restaurant and room service, tired rooms in need of renovations. I am surprised at some of the other reviews, maybe they are not well traveled guests or they are accustomed to a red roof inn or econo lodge. Overall not a good stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear AlissaD: Thank you for staying with us recently. We are not the newest hotel in the market. We strive to overcome that disadvantage with friendly service and a well maintained very clean hotel. I am sorry that we disappointed you on this stay. I will use your comments to help improve our service delivery.

Gainesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Tired and exhausted from driving in wintery conditions. Embassy suites had a room for me in my time of need. What a great place. Love it! The staff went out of their way to accommodate me. Due to the snow and freezing conditions, this may have saved my life, literally.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Gregory K. Your travels that day sound horrific. I can only imagine how the driving must have been. The local news was full of horror stories. Many were so extreme that they were picked up by national and international media. The snow was predicted but it came with much more suddenness than anyone expected. I am delighted that we had a room for you and that we were able to get you off of the road. In situations like this we will find some way to make travelers safe no matter what. I am very proud of our heroic and resolute service team. I hope to see you on your next trip to the area on a sunny day.

Travel Safe
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during a winter snowstorm. The staff was caught off-guard by the sudden influx of stranded guests. They handled it extremely well. Every staff member I encountered was helpful courteous and very pleasant to deal with. I know they were snowed in themselves and had to work two back-to-back, very long shifts. But, everyone remained pleasant and focused on serving customers. Congratulations and thanks to all. I will definitely continue to recommend and support Embassy Suites hotels in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Bill M, Thank you for finding us in the snow storm and for being a Senior Reviewer with TripAdvisor. I am very proud of the heroic, calm and friendly service that our limited sized service team provided during this storm. Although, the snow was predicted the suddenness of the downfall and accompanying suddenness of our guest arrival was not predicted. It is situations like this that bring out the heroic nature of many of our service team members. I have used your comments to thank many of them individually. Thank you for sharing your impressions with me.
I hope to see you on your next visit to the area under more pleasant weather conditions.

Oxford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This Hotel was very accommodating to our large group. The staff was very friendly and overall great experience! This experience was very much the opposite of another location that our group stayed at. We are looking forward to using this facility again in the very near future.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Cheryl H Thank you and your group for choosing our hotel for your convention. I am delighted that you were treated well and had a great experience. I hope to see you and your group back in the future. I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience in another hotel.

Hampstead, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

When taking everything into consideration...suite, made-2-order breakfast, fitness center, pool, and evening reception...this is one of the most cost-effective hotels at which to stay. Highly recommend this hotel for either business or leisure.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Rob C: Thank you for staying with us and for your very nice comments. Yes, Embassy Suites, with a two room suite, complimentary cooked to order breakfast and complimentary cocktails is a value hard to beat. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Regards
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Summary: Very nice hotel convenient to RDU.

Me: I was traveling on a short business trip.

To / From Hotel: It was a short drive from the airport to the hotel. Parking in the lot was not a problem.

Hotel: As with other Embassy Suites the lobby is open. I was impressed by the decor of the lobby area which was inviting and interesting.

Room: The room was clean, comfortable, quiet, and spacious. As with other Embassy suites there was a front room and a bedroom.

Food / Drink: I only had breakfast on this visit which was arranged as a buffet style. The buffet items were pretty bad, the potatoes tasted like sand. Fortunately they had a "made to order" station. I got eggs over easy and made toast which turned out fine.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Michael M: Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. I am glad that our hotel and location worked out for you. We are minutes from the airport but secluded in a wooded area so that you don't feel like you are in an airport location. I am sorry that our breakfast disappointed you. I am glad that you were able to get a cooked to order item that worked out for you. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
Regards
Russ Smith

Been to Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle? Share your experiences!