You added Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Great food and delighted with my room The location was easy to get to and the shopping was close by. I'll stay here if I am in the area. The hotel is clean and my room was close to the elevators so not far to walk.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member: Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments with us. I am delighted that you enjoy the hotel and that it is convenient for you. I hope to see you on your next stay in the area.

Russ Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on Dec. 7-8 and it was not at all what we expected. We were looking for a place to unwind and enjoy time with our kids by the pool. Unfortunately, we only got to use the pool for 5 mins before a birthday party of 30 boys took over. I complained many times but was told by management that there was nothing that they could do. These boys took over the pool, hottub and sauna and the parents were not enforcing any rules. They were playing with footballs in the pool and I myself got hit as well as my 9 yr old daughter. There was food all over the place and these people did not even clean up.

We were going to try the pool again on Sunday morning, but the pool area was still "trashed" from the party. Remaining food was left and dropped on the floor and there were no towels.

We have stayed at other Embassy Suites in the area and had very pleasant experiences. We do not feel that we got our money out of our stay at all, and will not stay here again. Obviously, the management needs to reassess what they can do to make all guests comfortable.

I think at the very least we should be refunded our money.

Michelle McLamb

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michelle M:

Thank you for choosing us to stay with and for sharing your stay experience.

I am so sorry to hear about you and your family's experience while staying with us. Your comments will be taken seriously and we I will work with my team to assure that we deal with a difficult pool situation more effectively so that everyone can enjoy the hotel.

I would like to hear from you directly when convenient for you.

My direct line at the hotel is 919 459-1500 and my email address is russ.smith@jqh.com.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Hildreth Jones , the first person i met in my stay there, she is amazing , she went extra miles to check me in and to be sure that I am comfortable.

She should be model for all the hotels stuff... Thanks for the fast services, hospitality and the compassion shown from every one

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear DrKhalid H: Thank you for staying with us and your very kind comments on Hildreth. She has been a member of our service team for over 16 years. She is very caring and genuinely wants you to enjoy your stay. Thank you for giving me another opportunity to recognize her.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I had a great experience. Staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. Two examples worth mentioning: 1. Flew in very early from red-eye flight. They had a room available and allowed me to check in quite early that morning with no hassle at all! 2. The airport shuttle driver called in sick, so they simply had me grab a taxi and paid for it - easy! Great service and facilities - very happy with my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear spikevball: Thank you for staying with us. I am happy that we had a vacant room from the prior night to get you checked in early. Any time we can make travel easier for you, we will. Happy travels.
Haymarket, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Staying at an Embassy Suites is always a wonderful experience. We love the guest reception and it is very clean. The free breakfast is the best offered with cooked to order meals. We will stay at Embassy Suites whenever possible when we travel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Thomas H; thank you for staying with us and for your comments on our complimentary cooked to order breakfast and reception. Thank you for being a regular. We are proud of our service team and how they help our guests enjoy every stay.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Rooms were clean and quiet. Hotel decor is average, not overly impressive. Free happy hour was nice, and free shuttle to SAS was great. If you're an HH Honors member, they treat you like gold. Breakfast staff was super nice and jumped to help us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear kelleygrover: Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are not the newest hotel in the area but as you discovered we make up for it with our service. I am glad that our location works out for you. I hope to see you on your next stay.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Not only was this very convenient for our visit to the NC Museum of Art, it was very pleasant, the in-hotel restaurant had delicious food, and all amenities were quite nice. Both the free breakfast and complimentary happy hour were wonderful.

We had not realized that the suite did not have a real 'kitchen' like in the Hampton Inn and Suites I'd been staying in (just a microwave and fridge), but I haven't been in an Embassy Suites for a while so should have read the description better. That's not really their problem, but I thought I'd mention it in case you make the same mistake as I did and arrive with a bunch of food for 'in-room cooking'!

The kids enjoyed the nice heated indoor pool and spa, a great break during the winter months.

What really made this place stand out was when my wife woke me up the day after our visit to tell me she left her laptop in the lobby... Mr. McCallen and the staff were 100% professional in setting things up so we could have it FedExed to our home in Columbia SC so it could be in our hands the next day. THAT'S where this location really stood out in my book. They turned a really big mistake on our part into a no-problem situation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear BlaineDeLancey: Thank you for staying with us for your family visit to the area. I hope you enjoyed the Porsche exhibit at the NC Museum of Art. I have heard it's quite a show. Embassy Suites is always a great value for families like yours. I will be sure to thank Bill McCallen, our AGM, Food and Beverage Director for reuniting you with your laptop. I can imagine how scary that would be.

Russ Smith

Been to Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle? Share your experiences!