“It is getting "long in the tooth".” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Harrison Oaks Boulevard, Cary, NC 27513   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Charlotte, North Carolina
“It is getting "long in the tooth".”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I generally like Embassy Suites and this is still a good one but is getting old. The wallpaper in the bathrooms are beginning to peal and get patched and is starting to look its age. It is in need of a remodel.
That being said the staff is still above average and it is always nice to get a fresh fixed breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Verde1001: Thank you for staying with us and for being a Senior Contributor. We are not the newest hotel in the market but we work all the harder to offset that with superior service, extremely clean standards and great food. Thank you for your comments on the facility age. I will pass your impressions along to our folks. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
Russ Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Morganton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Typical Embassy Suites accomodations, however, the staff here were superb. The accomodations were very comfortable, clean, and safe. The breakfast foods were the right temperatures, the coffee always fresh, dishes were cleared quickly to help accomodate a large crowd for meals. The staff involved with the meetings were for the most part very good in assisting the speakers, however, they were getting a little pushy at the end of the day when we still had meetings in the facility to want to get us out and ready the rooms for next event the following mornings. Really folks, the seminars and meetings still had 45 minutes of time in the room and even if we were just a few members in there we were to have it for that full time.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Paula R: Thank you and your group for staying with us. I appreciate your great comments on our service team. We are very proud of them. I'm sorry that our banquet team was less than courteous about your meeting ending time. I will look into it and use your comments to improve how we service our groups in the future. Thank you for letting me know about it. I hope to see you and your group on your next visit to the area.

spruce pine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Get what you pay for. Always clean, quiet, and friendly staff. Highly rec. to anyone looking for a hotel that may not be the cheapest, but is a good value. Location is close to Ruth's Chris and RBC center too. Enjoy going to hockey game, then Ruth's Chris and staying a few minutes from both.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Julius A: Thank you for staying with us and your comments on the hotel. We provide a great value to many travelers with our complimentary cooked to order breakfast and complimentary evening reception. Ruth's Chris is an excellent partner to our hotel. The Hurricanes look like they could have a good season. I hope to see you on your future visits to the area. Thank you for your comments.

Leicester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Nice amenities and service. Free parking. Close to great restaurants. Great location. Delicious food. Complimentary breakfast. Complimentary evening cocktail. You can put in a hard day in the workshops and wind down with something to relax. This facility aims to please and is open to suggestions and accommodating their clients. The architecture and lobby are open, with natural lighting, water elements, fascinating koi, and plantings that add interest and create a sense of serenity.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Susan W: Thank you for staying with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our koi and our excellent service team. Some of the koi have been in the pond for over ten years. Your comments are very kind. Yes, the hotel is located to a nice variety of restaurants varying in price, style and service levels. They are all great choices. I hope to see you on your next visit to our area.
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was on a business trip with a group. The hotel was conveniently located near RDU airport which was good for us. The lady in the reception was very efficient and got us checked-in with very little time. The room was clean, large and comfortable for me. I unpacked my business papers and got into work. The Wi-Fi was free and very high speed. I could get my things done in little time and got prepared for next day's business. The breakfast was good. During this particular business trip, I stayed several hotels and found it quite good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Taslimul: Thank you for staying with us and for being a Senior Contributor with TripAdvisor. I am delighted that our location and service and facility offerings were a great value to you. We are very proud of our service team and our delivery of the Embassy Suites cooked to order breakfast. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
West Babylon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

After staying in an Embassy Suite Hotel in Florida that was horrible, I was relieved and delighted with my stay at this hotel. The property is beautiful and clean. I was greeted by a very professionally dressed, polite, helpful front desk staff. My upgraded suite was very spacious and clean. Overall the hotel staff was extremely welcoming and always helpful. All of the meals we had at the hotel from the inclusive buffet breakfast to self paid meals and banquet/party meals were very good and professionally served. The room service food was excellent and plentiful. I am looking forward to my trip back there next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
EmbassyCary, General Manager at Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear megah118: Thank you for staying with us and for your very very kind comments on the hotel. We are very proud of our service team and especially the front desk team who greet you as you first arrive. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Many thanks
Lima, OH, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Full size beds are very uncomfortable. No queen size beds at all in the hotel. Couch is not comfortable. Had to ask for additional toilet paper and soap and shampoo and conditioner in a 3 night stay. Great happy hour and breakfast in the morning. None of the doors to the outside are ever locked so anyone can walk in to the hotel at any time of day or night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Jane B; Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry that our double beds did not work out for you. I'm glad that we were able to respond to your request for additional supplies. I hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
Russ Smith

Been to Embassy Suites Raleigh - Durham/Research Triangle? Share your experiences!