“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cary
SYLVA
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Staff was VERY nice! Clean room ~ will definitely stay again. Only complaint was a noisy person above me (who stayed up until 2:30am). Also, the HBO channel had no sound, only picture.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
ELLIJAY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was dissapointed in this hotel. I feel I was slightly mislead by the e-mail I recieved about the New Wyndham Resorts hotels. I did not realize you meant new to your chain but not NEW. It was acquired 1 month ago according to the hotel front desk and nothing has been done yet to renovate or upgrade. While everything was basically adequate and average, I did not get a wow feeling.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

WAKE FOREST
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My recent stay at the Hawethorne was wonderful. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the bed was soft, there was a fridge ans oven, and I it was a superior quality, service, and rates as compared to a double at comparable hotels. The only thing missing was a pool and a bigger breakfast but overall it was super. I will continue to stay at this hotel when I am in the area. I had a minor rate issue because I originally booked the room through Hotels.com but Amy, the operations manager, attended to it quickly and with a smile. Two thumbs up!!!!

North Fort Myers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

One of the nicest, well run, cleanest hotels we have run into. Great value. The only thing is, you would have to be looking for this hotel to find it. Kinda tucked away.

Winston Salem
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Water pressure was awful and there were a lot of bugs. Not roaches but millipede looking bugs.absolutely gross. That factor made everything bad.also the air conditioning was really loud and everytime it came on in our room or the room next to us,which happened to be next to the head of the bed, it was extremely loud and obnoxious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Lucked out when I found this hotel online. Was everything it had listed on website. Rooms were clean, staff was very friendly will definitely stay here again. Great place! Staff was very apologetic with mix up on my room verification. Hotel was very quiet could get the rest that I needed. Had everything that I needed for my three night stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

First, let me say this: I love staying at hotels. There's something about the anticipation of checking in; checking out the amenities, flopping onto the bed...you know the feeling. But this place just didn't cut the mustard. It's impossible to see from the street as it's in a business park and down a hill, behind a stand of trees and there's NO SIGN! I had to call to get directions to where to turn in and I was even on the block. The place doesn't really have a lobby - it's more like two chairs and a high unadorned counter. You can't see the workers as you come in, so it feels deserted. There was a cheap smelly candle burning the whole time (dollar store mulberry scent - cloying) and someone finally noticed me and checked me in. He had no idea how to find my Wyndham number - important since I was staying there because Wyndham advertised a "Great NEW property!!!" Found the room after walking a plain, undecorated hallway, riding in an elevator with dirty carpet and travelling a stale-cigarette smoke laden corridor (with several hidden areas) to the room. It had obviously been recently decorated, but felt as though they'd used cheap materials. The furniture had lots of dings, scrapes, rust on appliances. The plaster was damaged in places in the bath. It was mostly clean, no insects and had windows which opened. The kitchenette was clean. My problem is that the whole thing felt somehow low-rent (which isn't reflected in the rates.) The dust ruffle had a weird white stain. There were cracks in the bathroom tiles. Just not what I expected from Wyndham's newest. The worst part was coming in after midnight to discover there are no lights in the parking lot. The building had lights, so if you parked in the first ten spaces, you were ok. The only street light I saw was in the trees, surrounded by leaves. I was very anxious by the time I got in - made worse because I had to use my room key to enter the lobby. Since it's in an office park, there was a desertedness. I was never so glad to see the morning light and check out - usually, in a nice hotel I am staying until the last second. Breakfast in the lobby was free, but was some granola bars and juices in cans nestled in mini wash tubs. The helpful lady at the desk said she would continue to try to find my Wyndham number. I would only recommend this to a long-time temp worker who wasn't concerned with fancy lodging. As a single woman travelling alone, I would NOT return.

Room Tip: I would NEVER want a ground floor room at this hotel. Rooms away from the parking lot might be more...