“Always great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Regency Park

You added Comfort Suites Regency Park to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Regency Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 Ashville Avenue, Cary, NC 27511 (Formerly Comfort Suites Cary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Always great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I travel to Raligh for business often and choose to stay at Comfort Suites Cary as much as possible, usually booking online. This hotel is always clean. The front desk staff has always been friendly and helpful. The breakfast is a huge plus and I look forward to it. The pool and hot tub were being remodeled, so I am looking forward to my next visit. Hassle free Checkout. Safe and quiet. Beds and pillows are soft and comfy.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Carolyn B, Manager at Comfort Suites Regency Park, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your business and will soon be done with our pool remodeling it is going to be very nice. We are constantly trying to provide a superior stay and excellent service to our guest. We look forward to serving your needs in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Hotel is older, elevator says it was first inspected in 1999, that might be when the hotel was built. Lobby looks like it's been updated, rest of the hotel does not look like much has been done to it. The bed was comfortable, dresser, desk, tv seems fairly new. It does not look like the bathroom as been updated since the hotel was built. The ventilation in the bathroom is a bit lackluster/non-existent and for whatever reason the bathroom has a drop ceiling, not such a good idea in a bathroom with a poor ventilation. It was obvious that ceiling grid has been painted over to try and cover the rust/stains. Just really not impressed with the bathroom, it really needs to be updated. The water pressure was pretty low when taking a shower. I did not use the AC/Heater but looking at it you can see it does need to be cleaned, not sure how often they clean it, but it does need to be cleaned. The fridge in the room sticks out a bit from the cabinet it's in, The pool also looks like it's not really been touched/updated since the property was built. The pool was not busy when we were there, which is nice as I have small kids. Would have liked the pool water to be a bit warmer but not too bad.

Breakfast was pretty good and there were small changes from day to day to add a little variety. They have two different waffle makers which allowed more people to make waffles then some hotels that just have one. Really no complaints about the breakfast.

Highlights are the staff who were all very friendly and helpful during our stay at this hotel. There are a lot of good restraints in the area, a few are within walking distance, many others can be driven to very easily.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Regency Park, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.

You are absolutely correct. Were built and opened in late 1999. We replaced our room furnishings just a couple years ago. Our lobby update was completed last year and will be doing our pool and guest bathrooms as our next renovation projects. We do have a routine preventative maintenance program which includes cleaning the A/C units on a regular schedule, perhaps your room had been delayed due to the recent high occupancy we have had.

Our complimentary hot breakfast is one of the things many of our guests enjoy while staying.

Our staff is here to make all of our guest have an enjoyable and memorable stay and I will pass your kind words on to everyone.

We look forward to serving you when you return to the area.
Southern Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here for a week while visiting the area for work. From the moment of check-in you are greeted with a smile and everything is taken care of for you. The room large and comfortable. I found the bed to be VERY comfortable, and was able to sleep great during the entire stay. The breakfast bar is far above the norm. It is more than just danish and coffee. There are hot items such as scrambled eggs, sausage, and bacon. One day we even had biscuits and gravy. Monday - Thursday nights they have a happy hour and feature food from different local establishments each night, along with complimentary beer and wine. I would highly recommend this hotel to a business traveler. It has all the comforts of home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Regency Park, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We truly appreciate your positive comments. We are always trying to improve the experience for our guest. The hot oatmeal and Sausage and Gravy were recently added to our breakfast due to requests from our guests. Now that the cooler weather has arrived guests are really enjoying the hot foods we offer. During the winter many guests also appreciate the fact that we also have an indoor heated pool and spa. With all that we have to offer, we try and make all the comforts of home available, so, if anyone wants to stay warm and inside after a day of work we can help that happen. We look forward to seeing you soon..
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff is excellent and management stays on top of problems. If there is a problem it's corrected quickly. The owners continue to invest in the property. The breakfast bar is above standard and they're not afraid to try new fare. They recently added crockpot oatmeal which is a plus for me. The location is great; walking distance to Whole Foods and Walmart, Wake Medical Center next door, and easy access to Hwy 1 for Raleigh or 40/440.

SUGGESTION FOR IMPROVEMENT: None ... keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are happy you enjoy staying at our hotel. It is always our pleasure to serve our guests. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This visit to NC has been my best hotel experience, with any hotel that I have ever visited.Upon arrival, the manager greeted me and was very pleasant. She told me about the sights to see in the existing area, all of the things I could use in hotel, explained about the happy hour and also the free shuttle service for up to a five mile radius in the city.after talking to the manager I proceeded to my room. The room was beautifully decorated, it was very clean, and to my surprise, management had a goodie bag waiting for me on my bed (due to me being in town for a conference.) after I checked into my room, I immediately got dressed, and headed to the workout facility. The workout room was small. It had two treadmills, 1 bike and an elliptical machine, there were clean white towels to use, & a cool water machine. Also, there was a
flat screen television to watch while I worked out.this hotel also has a hot tub and a swimming pool, which I have not used yet, but I plan to use tonight. The breakfast provided was an excellent choice of a variety of foods such as,fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, 3 different cereals, eggs, potatoes, and bacon. I will say this is one of the best breakfasts I've received or had at any hotel , in all my travels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in Raleigh North Carolina because it's close to the airport, the area is clean and safe, its located around lots of shopping conveniences, and restaurants. The best part is, this particular hotel has the best management staff, housekeeping and Billy the driver that you could ever imagine. Great job Cary!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank You for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I appreciate your kind words. The hospitality industry is truly something I enjoy. I am pleased to know you were able enjoy your room and our recently renovated exercise room. Our hot breakfast is something many of our guest enjoy during the week from 6AM daily until 9AM and on the weekends from 7AM-10AM. Our Van drivers have been with us for many years and are able to help provide great tips on the area dining and shopping. I will pass your kind words and observations on to our staff. We look forward to seeing you again.
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times, often staying here and driving in to Raleigh because I liked it so much! After this trip I may start looking for another location. I saw several bugs in my room. While things appeared clean, I just wasn't sure. I was very disappointed when we went to the hot tub. It and the indoor pool are the main reasons we stay there. Unfortunately the area around the hot tub and the tub itself didn't look well maintained. The staff at the hotel are always great and the breakfast is very good.

I do hope they can turn things around and get the whole place back to it's former sparkling glory!

Room Tip: Ask for lobby level.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Regency Park, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and I was very sorry to hear that we failed to exceed your expectations on your last stay.

Our housekeeping staff has indeed been with us a long time and do an excellent job of maintaining our cleanliness. I regret that you saw bugs in your room, I will share your comments with my management team and make sure we avoid these problems in the future. If you shared with our staff the concern while you were here, then it was brought to our pest control providers attention at the first opportunity. If you did not let us know, I would welcome a phone call letting me know what room you were in, so, I can personally contact them.

Our indoor pool is open year round and seven days a week and it is a challenge scheduling painting, however, you are absolutely correct our pool area is indeed due for a facelift. We typically try and do this during the winter months( so as to inconvenience as few guests as possible). I will be discussing with my maintenance team when our next opportunity will be.

We have recently renovated our 24 hour fitness room. I hope you got a chance to check it out during your recent stay.

Thank You for your comments regarding our complimentary hot breakfast and our staff our goal is to exceed expectations when it comes to hospitality and service.

I would love to hear more from you regarding your stay please feel free to call me at: 919-852-4318

Been to Comfort Suites Regency Park? Share your experiences!