“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave.

You added Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Weston Parkway, Cary, NC 27513 (Formerly Studio Plus - Raleigh/Cary)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Virginia, Illinois
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel on and off going on three years .I have to say the staff is the best in the business . ALWAYS friendly and willing to help going above and beyond. I have expressed my opinion on several reviews that even though it is a pet friendly hotel there needs to be designated rooms for pets . I have a huge problem with the smell that the pets leave behind . The carpets defiantly need to be replaced as well as pull out sofas . A few updates would be nice . Thank you so much.

Room Tip: The staff is the BEST
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave., responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you have enjoyed your stays in the past with us, we continue to update the hotels and you should be seeing some of these updates as they are being put into place at this time. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Absolutely the BEST people I have dealt with in the hospitality field. My husband and I stay here in Cary everytime we are in town and our kids stay here also when they come to the area. Could not ask for better service anywhere and we travel alot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Sales at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave., responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that the staff takes such great care of our guests. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Cary, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

First of all let me take this opportunity to say the staff/front desk are amazing considering what they have to work with. This place is the most run down, nasty, stinking (moldy) hotel I have ever stayed at. The carpet is worn and dirty. The kitchen floor was sticky, stained, looks like it was atleast 30 years old as do the appliances. Toaster looked like it was used as a murder weapon (dented) It still has popcorn ceilings and when I looked up about a million dust bunnies sticked to it. The wall beside the bed looks like someone spilled something and didn't wipe it off the wall (stained). Overall the room is gross! I do not recommend staying here, not even for the low price. I guess you get what you pay for. the whole inside is creepy!
2 positives, the staff and the location. I will not ever stay there again.

Room Tip: Always examine the rooms before booking.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you encountered the conditions you note in your response To prevent this from happening again, my team is retraining all the staff and the inspection process has been inhanced and does not release any rooms into inventory with the conditions you have noted. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kmaile@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Mooresville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel through pricelines, name your own price. First of all, I've used priceline quite a bit and I've always been satified with my hotel stays. Unfortunately I can not say the same about this hotel. And don't get me wrong..... I don't knit pick about little things that go wrong with my stays. I've traveled enough to realize that you get what you pay for and thats know ones fault but your own.

Check in was great. Lady at the front desk was more than friendly. Go up to the room and it went down hill from there. Rugs were discusting. And I don't mean a few stains here and there. The whole carpet needed to be replaced. It was just plain gross. I can deal with the carpet being like that but it got worse from there. I go to pull out the sofa bed because thats where my 6yr old was going to sleep and It looked like someone had been killed on it. I've NEVER seen anything like that. Hotel should of been embarrassed. And my 6yr old daughter was horrified. So I go down to the desk to talk to them about the pull out couch. Well.... because I booked this through priceline, she could not change the room. She did however give me the sheets, pillow cases and 2 blankets. One to put over the stains and the other one so she wouldn't be cold.
I understand that since I used priceline that I could not get my money back, especially since it was name your own price. Its not like I've got hundreds and hundreds of dollars to spend on a 5 star hotels. Thats why I used priceline in the first place. I was up there with my husband and daughter to help my brother move. We were there for 2 nights. I paid for this room with the little money I make and for a hotel room to look like this is just unacceptable. It should of had yellow crime scene tape outside our room.
I did read other reviews for this hotel. So maybe the other people who book this hotel will have a better experience than I did. Hopefully their room will be totally different. But..... alot of the complaining was about the condition of the rooms. So if you want a cheap place and don't care what the rooms look like then this is the place for you. But like I said... I can overlook the carpets, not a big deal. But the pullout couch was a big deal. Especially for a 6 yr old who wanted to know what happened on it for it to look so bad.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the condition of the sofa bed was unacceptable. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am having all the sofa beds deep cleaned and inspected right away. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kmaile@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great place to take a family. Carlos Jimenez and the great staff took great care of me and my family. The front desk staff was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed in our room. The hotel is located in a great area, close to restaurants and easy access to the interstate. I look forward to my next stay with Studio Plus Harrison Ave.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave., responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we gave you a home away from home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

When you pull up to this hotel you're convinced this is an amazing hotel....it is not! Beautiful exterior but horrific interior. From the rotten egg smell, peeling paint, old moldy carpet and stained old comforters to the mold and cracked toilets in the bathrooms, this place is a nightmare!!! The staff are pretty amazing but its not a smile I'm the world that could make me overlook the fact that this place is hazardous to ones health possibly.

• Stayed October 2012
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave., responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you did not find the cleanliness and the condition of the hotel to your satisfaction. In response to your feedback, I am going to personnally work with the managers to improve the product, we are currently getting ready for renovation which we are excited about. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kmaile@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Home is what i can easily call Studio Plus! My boyfriend and I have stayed here for several months while trying to settle in to the rdu area. The staff have become a part of our extended family. Would love to write names but they know who they are! We always are greeted by name with a smile and made to feel at home. So much so we have been dragging our feet to leave. Our room is LARGE, full kitchen, living area & bedroom. As an added bonus all rooms now have brand new flat screen tv's with satellite! We get service from housekeeping which is also a huge plus! We have an awesome pool w/ a gas grill, whenever we want to cook outside of the kitchen. Laundry & exercise rooms are onsite & convenient to all rooms. True there is no elevator but there are so many positives we hardly notice ( plus my bf can use the exercise, we stay on the top floor!) Overall our experience has been great and we are glad we chose Studio Plus as our first stop on our journey to starting our life in Cary. We highly recommend this place to anyone whether its for one night or an extended stay!

• Stayed January 2012
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave., responded to this review, October 28, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the staff, services, and guest room. I'm glad that we met all your needs during your relcoation. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave.

Address: 600 Weston Parkway, Cary, NC 27513 (Formerly Studio Plus - Raleigh/Cary)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Cary
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.