“Great Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Acme is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Carrboro
Cuisines: American, Eclectic, International
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The ovens are turned on early. Six o'clock most days. Earlier on Sunday. Within an hour, bread is rising, apples are being sliced. Pecan pies are pulled hot from the oven and left to cool. Ice cream churns in the machine. Cups of coffee steam on the prep table, the baker's cup marked with chocolaty fingerprints. By midmorning, pork shoulder, rubbed with spices the day before, is slowly smoked. And white buckets are filled with sliced onions. Corn is shucked. The stock that cooked all night is taken off the stove and strained. Bags of fresh shrimp are delivered in old grocery store bags. The waiters arrive in groups, shirts and ties on hangers. By then, every burner in the kitchen is being used. Herbs are chopped. Scallops cleaned. Ovens at 500 degrees. All sauces are checked. Bartenders polish their shakers. Silverware is rolled and every surface is wiped down. Music. Lights. Doors are opened. Dinnertime. At Acme. Seven nights a week. Local never tasted so damn good.
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went in on a Wednesday night at 8:15pm and the place was hopping! Thank goodness we had reservations - this is a popular place. We were promptly seated and our server was very attentive. Started out with the corn bread app - fantastic! Make sure you order it! For dinner I had the pulled pork bowl and my gf had the shrimp meal. Both were great.

Acme was wonderful - I am glad to spread the word about it and hope you try it out!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greensboro, NC
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am not from the Chapel Hill/Carrboro area but have the opportunity to be there several times a year. Acme is one of the best restaurants in the area and we always have a great meal. The menu features fresh and often local ingredients.

• Visited September 2013
Chapel Hill
“Rudest server/bartender ever experienced!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Wife & myself visited there a couple of times..the last time we were insulted because we only left a 10% tip for a slice of Key lime pie with 2 drinks..
we sat at the bar for 30 mins top, we were ignored for the 1st 15 mins so I didn't leave my usual 20% tip...the server took offense & insulted us..
I have been in the service business for 30+ years..I've never seen anyone as rude as this guy...
I even wrote the owner to share our experience, but never got a reply in over a month now..
We will never go there again!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Carrboro, North Carolina
“Wonderful Carrboro restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I love eating at Acme in Carrboro because they always have seasonal, fresh ingredients, good service and a great atmosphere. The jicama/avocado salad is a favorite of mine. I only wish there would be more vegetarian options. They used to have a Thai tofu curry that was amazing.

• Visited July 2013
“Awesome spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've eaten here on three different occasions and for different reasons and each time was better than the last. I've been here with the kids, on date night and for work and everything food and drink related was exceptional. Don't miss this spot.

Visited June 2013