“Great vegetarian options!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 60 Restaurants in Carrboro
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
“Great vegetarian options!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a great place to go with a group. I particularly appreciate the vegan options (and labeling). If prices were a little lower I would come here more often, but I'm a fairly impoverished student and understand that's not always going to happen.

I've always received great customer service here and it's also situated in a great part of Carrboro.

Visited August 2013

Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Great for casual dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I eat here occasionally when we are in Carrboro. It is a friendly place, nice staff, good service. We were there around 5:30, so it was a nice quiet time, and very private. Later, I'm sure it fills up because the food is quite good.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, awful staff!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a family dinner. My husband asked if he could get a fish sandwich, they had fish and sandwiches on the menu. No, they couldn't do that. Then he asked if he could substitute sweet potato fries for regular, again no, even when we offered to pay more. No, we had to get both. Then at the end he asked if we wanted it all on one check! Our son does have my blonde hair and I was 7 months pregnant at the time. It was beyond rude! We have not been back and don't plan to

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
USA
“Great options for veggies and meat eaters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was a great little find in Carrboro. Great options for vegans. vegetarians and meat eaters. I hade the pimento cheese sandwich and it was awesome. My hubby had the tuna sandwich. he said it was good, but the tuna steak was very small. Other than that it was delicious. Service was great. We were there at a weird time and it wasn't that busy, but this is a little place and I imgine it gets packed quickly. they had some other options on the menu that I would love to try. we will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013
London
“Great fun diner with excellent vegetarian and vegan options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

It's not difficult to get superb vegetarian food in Chapel Hill and Carrboro, but The Spotted Dog really excels - over half the menu can be adapted to be vegan, with vegan bacon, mayonnaise etc. The food is good and tasty too: American diner classics, like hot dogs, burgers, but very fresh and not at all oily or greasy. The Spotted Dog feels like a pub rather than a restaurant, and it's great place to go for an informal meal.

• Visited May 2013