“I almost didn't review this ezcellent restaurant ;)” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hamburgers, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Takeout
Description: Local favorite for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Causal dining overlooking the Yacht Basin in the heart of Carolina Beach. Daily specials, seafood specialties and a full range of family fare.
Carolinas
“I almost didn't review this ezcellent restaurant ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I almost decided not to rate this restaurant due to the fact that I didn't want the word to get out so it wouldn't become too crowded, but they deserved this review.

After checking with the locals about where to get a really good breakfast in the Carolina Beach area, we were directed to the Gulf Stream, and they were 100% correct. One of the best breakfasts I've ever had in my travels, plus it was easy on my wallet.

I will, with out a doubt, return as often as I can. Great food, service, location, and price. Not the typical combination you find in tourist vacation areas. It's definitely worth trying.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sanford, North Carolina
“Enjoyed our visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The food is very good. The wait time is a little lengthy because everything is freshly cooked and they are a small business so the staff is small as well. However the food is delicious and well worth the wait to get it.

Visited August 2013
Raleigh, NC
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went for a fall beach week-end with girl friends and we had lunch here both days because the first day was so good.
The first day I had a turkey club sandwich and the second day, spaghetti. Both were very good and very reasonably priced. We wanted to have room for desert so we shared sandwiches to make room for cake. The deserts were very good also. The fries are nothing special but the sandwiches are big enough that you don't need them unless you have a hearty appetite. The food is fresh with the taste of home made. The service was good and they were very accommodating the day we were sharing everything.
Parking is very limited but there is a lot across the street. It's close enough to the Marriott to walk on a nice day.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Crab and cheese omelet was Devine - make your own was great and wait staff was wonderful - the only concern was a little slow to take our order

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Best coleslaw ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Best coleslaw I ever ate but they wouldn't give me the recipe ;) I had the clam strip meal which was very good but I could have made a meal off the hushpuppies and the coleslaw. Great value too.

Visited October 2013