“No hushpuppies...” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Archdale, North Carolina, United States
“No hushpuppies...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

As many times as I'd been to Carolina beach I'd never been to Michael's. It was recommended to me by a friend when i mentioned I wanted steamed oysters. Although the service was great and it was a very nice restaurant, it wasn't what I expected. I didnt know until we were there that they don't fry anything. So that meant no hushpuppies with my oysters. I was really looking forward to that! The mini crab cakes weren't very good. The shrimp and grits were pretty tasty. Maybe I should give it another try but as for now I'm not very impressed

Visited April 2014

Apex, North Carolina
“very enjoyable dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We ate this past weekend at Michaels Seafood in Carolina Beach. Food was very good and creative. I would also say fresh. Service was excellent. Really like the atmosphere. Will definitely go back. The shrimp and grit cake are delicious. Also they have fabulous chicken salad.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Broadway, North Carolina
“Amazing dining experience and wonderful waiters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The food was simply wonderful and cooked to perfection. The waiter was amazing. Very attentive and had an awesome personality. The desserts were simply sinful and portions were generous. I would recommend this establishment to everyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mt olive
“Less than impressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

First time going tonight. Food was average. Ordered a hot dog and hamburger kids meal and my kids couldn't eat it. The hot dog bun was so cold it broke in half when picked up. The kids hamburger was so well done and crispy you could throw it against a brick wall and it wouldn't have broken in pieces. Ordered my kids the pizzas ofthe kids meal after that and on top of that I had to pay for all 4 of the kids orders even though the hot dog and burger were in edible. Eve The waitress waiting tables in our section was slow and obviously not able to handle the five or six tables she was trying to take care of. Between the poorly cooked kid meals and subpar service, we won't ever go back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Earlysville, VA
“Excellent seafood, inventive menu (but not weird)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Loved it. The chowder is rightly famous. One of us got a big ol' pile of peel-and-eat shrimp, which for two bucks more they'll peel them for you (we are not quite that lazy).

The service was attentive and quick, but not intrusive.

The menu is actually kind of inventive, for a beach-town family seafood joint. In addition to standards like bacon-wrapped scallops (amazing), there are interesting variations on shrimp & grits. There are things for non-seafood people too.

Highly recommended.