“What a hoot!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Portage, Wisconsin
“What a hoot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have been coming to Carolina Beach for 20 years and was intrigued but intimidated by the Fat Pelican's appearance. Finally went inside. I LOVE THIS PLACE. It is one-of-a-kind fun, fun, fun. You go into the beer cooler (huge) and select from the hundreds of unique and not-unique brews. This place needs to be experienced if you come to CB.

Visited April 2014

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Unique bar, Intolerable owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This review will be short and unsweet just like my visit. All I can say is be very careful what you play on the jukebox. I was told by the owner that my choice (on his jukebox) was inappropriate and he would not tolerate any cussing on his premises wherever it comes from. Another patron besides me at the bar, three of us in total, decided like I did to finish our single purchased beer and depart. Unfortunately, I couldn't bite my tongue once we stepped off the premises where this granddad inbred type received a barrage of my thoughts which included many colourful metaphors. He threatened to kick my butt and I replied that if he was twenty years younger, he could have a go. Hence, I was barred and happy for it as I have since found out this type of customer service, from him may I add and not his staff, is the usual treatment received from Mr. Fat Pelican.

Visited March 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Cool experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Fat Pelican is so much fun. It's very... Unique... And the decor looks out something out of a whacky movie (in a good, entertaining way). They have such a cool concept and the beer selection is vast. While I was expecting a bit larger of a selection, they had quite a bit to choose from. I would definitely recommend making a visit here if you're in the area and looking for a chill place to have a cold one.

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Characters Allowed Only”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

One of my favorite bars ever. Great selection of beers in the reefer attached to the back or cheapo tall boys of PBR. To fit in you must have a little character and a good story. Enjoyed it every time.

Visited March 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Best beer selection around...hundreds of em”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a real CB experience. Walk into their fully stacked huge coolers and select from some of the most unusual beers stocked. Then take your beer outside around the fire pit and hang out for a fun night!

Visited January 2014