“Cabana Suites Unit 113” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cabana Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Cabana Suites
You added Cabana Suites to your Saves list
222 Carolina Beach Ave N., Carolina Beach, NC 28428 (Formerly Cabana De Mar Motel)   |
Hope Mills, North Carolina
“Cabana Suites Unit 113”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Unit was filthy! Dishes were dirty! Had to clean for two hours. Bathroom ceiling has a water leak.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to stay in Cabana 104 for two months at the beginning of 2012. Like many of you, I imagine, I looked at other condos, hotels, and extended stay efficiency apartments. I can assure you that picking Cabana 104 was the best decision I could have made. I was simply looking for somewhere peaceful, clean, and safe where I could spend some quality time with myself and my two young kids.

What I got with Cabana 104 was all that I was looking for, and more. First of all, the pictures online do not do justice to the beautiful views from the large glass windows, sliding glass door, and balcony. And, you are close enough to hear the surf roll in with the sliding glass door open. Also, the building and Cabana 104 is very clean. It had been professionally cleaned before my stay, and I can not say enough about the overall cleanliness and "homeyness" that was awaiting me. It was much cleaner and felt much more like staying in a home than any other place I looked at. Also, Cabana 104 feels very safe and is part of a very safe building that includes a fully gated under-building parking lot, locked- gated walkup gates, security cameras, and a very helpful and kind staff in the office on the ground floor.

The staff in the office was also very helpful in receiving mail and packages for me. On the same floor of Cabana 104 there is also a commercial ice machine, and a very clean and fully functioning laundry room, so you don't even need to search for a laundromat. It's all right there for you, including a nice pool and a private walkway to the beach... not to mention that the building is right next door to the Carolina Beach Boardwalk, so you can park your car and walk easily to countless stores and restaurants.

My kids and I had a great experience at Cabana 104, and I would recommend this property to anyone looking to "get away from it all", but still have all the conveniences of home in the unit and all the attractions of a great beach community at the doorstep of Cabana 104.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Henrico Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We rented Cabana 104 for a week based on pictures and a few reviews. We don't know what the cleaning fee is for since the floors and bathrooms were both filthy. The Guest Book review from the poor folks who rented Cabana 104 a day or two ahead of us mentioned the views (yes gorgeous beach view) and floors so nasty they had to wear shoes anywhere inside. Will post a picture when I download it of how dirty my socks became the day we moved in when I took my shoes off in the apt. Meanwhile, the Cabana 104 kitchen offers enough to boil eggs but don't expect to create any happily memorable meals here. The bed is a bit soft but okay. clearly the absentee owner/landlord is more interested in income than maintenance or repeat clients. We would not consider a repeat experience at Cabana 104 even if free.

Room Tip: Maybe other Cabana condos are better but 104 is gross!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Union Hall, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We rented this Condo for our annual vacation to Carolina Beach and it was not what we expected. The sliding glass doors were almost impossible to get open & closed. The couch is disgusting and so uncomfortable. There is no where to put your clothes in bedroom except what you can hang. We will never stay in this Condo again but will stay in another Condo at the Cabana. We know which one will stay at next year! We have stayed at the Cabana 4 yrs (this was 5th) & we will go back to the Condo that we like and know what to expect. Could have got a 2 bedroom with everything for just a little more money!

Room Tip: Not a good value for the money we paid for this 1 bedroom Condo. Should have stayed in the Condo we...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Jetguy, Owner at Cabana Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
As you know (thank you!), all of our beach residences are individually owned at Cabana, and different owners provide different experiences for our guests. Our properties are managed by several firms in the area (search "Carolina Beach vacations," but all are monitored by the Cabana homeowners association to ensure the highest standards of customer service and property integrity. Best wishes on your next visit, thank you for understanding so well our set-up, and welcome back home as soon as possible!
Lathrup Village, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Here's what I was looking for: A nice, moderately priced condo for my family of 4 that was on the beach and close to the boardwalk. As for location, it doesn't get any better in Carolina beach as far as I am concerned. The next closest property that has both beach and boardwalk access is the Marriott that was twice the price. We find condos just work for our family, rather than hotel rooms. The condo in cabana suites was clean, well appointed (except the couch had quite a bit of wear) had plenty of room, and a great view of the beach. The beach access is right there (with a lifeguard stand in sight) and we never moved our car during our stay. The boardwalk is less than a block away with tons to do, eat, and see. The kitchen had granite counter tops and plenty of items stocked in the cabinets. We went the Palm Air Realty. They were very nice and professional. I started to rent through 1 of the other 3 companies that represent units in this building and found that there were a lot of add on fees and I would not get my deposit back with them for 30 days. Palm Air quoted me a flat rate and handled everything professionally. They even had chilled glasses with their name on it in the fridge with Hershey's kisses in them as well as a sand pail. Nice touch for my boys! The next time I go to Carolina beach, I will not have to look again. I'll stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Wytheville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

The people that we paid for the condo. They do not want to give us back our deposit. Very upset about that when we cleaned up. Left it in good shape. So I will tell everyone that this place is a rip off. The deposit was 600.00 dollars.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Jetguy, Owner at Cabana Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Your response is missing some detail, and we can't pinpoint the property you rented or the agency who rented it to you. Nevertheless, we are sorry for the experience you had as our guests expect, and deserve, the very best value in a beach vacation. It would be good to know who managed your rental, as several reputable firms book stays and all have above-market guidelines denoting highest customer satisfaction and exceptional service. The condos are all individually owned and our folks take great pride in their own properties. All of us homeowners in the rental program strive to provide lodging that ensures that our guests receive great value for their vacation investment. We hope you come back to visit, and we will strive to make your return visit a much better experience.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was a little leary from past reviews but Cabana Suites was all that was available for the weekend. The condo was small but all that my husband and I needed, right on the beach. It was clean and quiet. We now have a new place to stay at the beach! Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Cabana Suites? Share your experiences!