“Excellent customer service, tremendous experience” 5 of 5 stars

910-232-1592
Website
Improve this listing
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Excellent customer service, tremendous experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had the pleasure of meeting Tony a few years back while in an airport. During that time I was amazed by the way he was speaking with a customer over the phone, so we exchanged information. Surfing was always on my bucket list and we recently moved to North Carolina. I looked Tony's business up and reached out to ask a few questions. He returned my email with a personal phone call within minutes. He has not only provided advice on beaches for my family, advice on a surfboard purchase but his school has also instructed me during multiple lessons.

The lesson experience is incredible. The instructors teach you everything that you will need to fall in love with the sport. They have the equipment for you to learn on and will make it a very fun experience. The instructors are in the water with you and will provide you with guidance on every aspect of the sport. I have taken multiple lessons with the school, and all of the instructors have been great.

I am looking forward to this summer and getting my kids involved with lessons provided by Tony Silvagni Surf School.

Visited April 2014

Hickory, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
“Had a great time! Will return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

First of all, I am almost 40 yrs old but I like to stay active and have fun! My daughter is a UNCW student (freshman) and I decided to take an unplanned trip for a few days to visit her. Prior to going I had read reviews for Tonys Surf School so I called the number. Little to my surprise was I going to speak to and eventually meet a total gentleman with class and modesty that seems unheard of in todays society (Tony Silvagni). Initially he helped me book 3 of us for surf lessons and 3 of us for paddleboarding lessons. He was very patient as I was at work part of the time he and I were trying to get sizes and weights and we had to play phone tag (or text). Eventually we were booked, but as the day had finally arrived (and I was the one most gung ho about surfing) the winds were up and the water was choppy and surf conditions were not good. I would venture to say that some companies in some places would have taken people out anyway, but I feel with 100% certainty that Tony, nor any of his guides would ever do this, as I truly believe they want their customers experience to be an excellent one. So, initially we all meet in Wrightsville Beach, and it was my daughter and her roommate and then Tony, Sam, Ryan and Michael. Tony had told me that he was getting over a shoulder injury so he wouldn't be paddling with us but he was still there to meet us and help load and unload equipment and get the correct sizes of wetsuits. So, we got into our wetsuits and they explained the proper way to get on the paddleboards and paddle, and off in the water we went. The guides were all very nice and laid back. The paddleboarding wasn't hard and was very relaxing. My daughter and her friend and I cut up and had easy bantering about pushing each other in the freezing water, while the guides just smiled and let us enjoy our trip. At the end my daughters friend jumped in the freezing water! Another thing that was very nice of Tony was that not only did he and his guide (Michael) take pics on my water camera, but Tony took quite a few pics on his phone and texted them too me. Once the trip was over Tony drove us back to the starting point where two of my friends from back home were waiting to go paddleboarding . Initially they were the two that were going to try beginning surfing with me but it turned into paddleboarding due to the not so ideal surfing conditions. On the second trip, just Ryan and Michael went with us. Tony stayed and again took some photos and talked on a bench with my daughter and her friend who also surfs in Maryland. On the second paddleboarding trip we tried turning a little more and even attempted some racing (I didn't win, haha). Michael and Ryan were both great and Michael was going to be one of the ones to go surfing, along with Tony, if the weather would have been good. Ryan was also great and had a good demeanor and chatted easily with everyone. On the second drive back, we actually jogged back and the guys loaded the boards. Then everyone said their goodbyes and we returned our wetsuits and grabbed our towels out of Tonys truck. It really didn't end there though. Tony sent me the photos and we texted some about the weather. First thing this morning (the next day) he had also sent me a text saying the winds were worse today than yesterday. This truly is an all around great guy! He is the type of person youd be proud to say you were friends with. I have nothing at all negative to say about any of the guides, the trips, or Tony as a business man. If I had any disappointment at all it was that I didn't get to surf or paddleboard with Tony himself and I would venture to say, that if you are able to book anything for anyone at his surf school, be very selfish and ask for him to be one of your guides. He has an easy going nature about him and I truly think he is a good person and very genuine. For anyone that reads this and has small children wanting to try surfing. Take them and ask for Tony. If and when I have grandkids, I will take them to him. I plan on trying to surf/paddleboard anytime I come to Wilmington for a visit. My only other disappointment would be that the whole venture ended way too soon. I even did two trips, but when your having fun, it always seems to be over too quickly!

Visited February 2014
buckhannon wv
“fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had a lesson with my daughter and made some of the most beautiful memories. Yes we both got up, and the instructors were as excited as we were. The lesson began with safety tips (Tony and his staff have also had first aid and water safety instruction), then a before we went out a primer on the shore, and then with the instructors in the water with us, providing advice and encouragement, they helped us learn the basics and suddenly we were standing on the surfboards and wow that was so cool. Went back months later Tony remembered our names and helped us purchase a board. The people are extraordinarily friendly, courteous, and the so know their stuff. Not at all expensive, and everything you need is included. If you are older like I am (52), and have considered trying, well, what are you waiting for! Really beautiful.

Visited July 2013
“Friendly,enthusiastic,world-class athlete.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I found Tony from Tony Silvagni Surf School as he was competing for our country (USA) in Peru. He stayed in contact with me while flying home and the next day gave me a stand up paddleboard lesson in the intracoastal waterway in Carolina Beach, NC. Tony is a highly fit world class surfer/paddleboarder who is egoless and friendly to a fault. I learned several techniques from him that will help me develop into a profecient paddleboarder.I highly reccomend Tony's school for people off all ages and abilites.

Visited October 2013
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Great first experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My son 8 year old son Jacob had his first surf lesson and the instructor was great!!! Very patient and very positive. Thanks for a great experience!!!

Visited August 2013