“Had to try it once just because it looks so festive... not horrible but not worth going back.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Lazy Pirate Sports Bar and Grill

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Rochester, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Had some lunch. Everything was just about average except the service was very good, although it isnt difficult to get good service during lunch no matter where you go. Slightly pricey compared to similar menu items in the area. I sent back my kids fish fingers for tasting over fishy. The big reason i won't be going back is that the place was LOADED with flies!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Live band a nice touch and good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

One in our group got the flounder, good but lots of breading. Buffalo chicken was good too. There was a band and they were good.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reidsville, North Carolina
“Love the food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I go to this place every time I visit CB (which is a few times every summer) The lazy pirate is a MUST on our list every time. The food is great, the atmosphere is awesome. It's so cute and fun. With volleyball, cornhole, live bands, great staff, etc... we LOVE The Lazy Pirate! Can't wait to go back again and again!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fishkill, New York
“Not great.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had 4 different servers. When served buffalo wings we weren't given plates or a single napkin. By the time they came wings were already cold. Potatoes were hard, raw. Crab legs came in a bucket that was so high off the table you couldn't see the bottom. If you're going for just a beer I guess it would be fine.

Columbus, Ohio
“Rough around the edges; reminded me of bars from my college days”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Not bad atmosphere if you're simply looking for drinks and playing outdoor corn hole or sand volleyball in a party environment. However, that being said, we went here with another couple and decided not to stay. Slow service...and we were just looking to have drinks! Guess in our 40s we looked to "old" to want to kick back and enjoy the evening. Reminded me of a bar from my college days...definitely geared towards the younger party crowd. I would not recommend bringing kids for a meal...unless it's earlier in the day. Was hoping the reviews I read were wrong...but they were definitely on target. We will not go back.